Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Spitting up

1. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries

Question Spitting up

Advertisements
    Just recently, the baby has started spitting up after her meals. Sometimes its just a little bit and other times its a lot. She is not projectile vommiting (besides one time Thurs). Initially I thought she might be over eating.

After talking with a dr, we decided that I should back off dairy. I couldnt eat/drink much dairy the whole pregnancy b/c it made me sick. (Morning sickness the whole pregnancy) We think that could be causing the upset tummy.

Has anyone had this problem? I was so excited to drink milk again....
  2. Regular Member
    I feel your pain!!! I am having to lay off dairy and cut green stuff out of my diet!! I LOVE green stuff!!!But what ever it takes to make them happy eaters! Plus DD#2 Dr put her on Zantac and that has REALLY helped!! She was arching while feeding and really fussy afterwords! The spit up still happens just not as often! And she is a lot happier of a baby! Good luck!!
    Keri

"No matter what your opinion is of our military, it is because of those who have served and are serving that you are even allowed to have an opinion and still live to see the light of day." ~Emily, proud U.S. Navy Wife and former Army brat
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We had that in the beginning and I gave up dairy. She got put on Prevacid and I took milk back. then ar 2 months we went off prevacid and she is fine now
  4. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2123wife View Post
    We had that in the beginning and I gave up dairy. She got put on Prevacid and I took milk back. then ar 2 months we went off prevacid and she is fine now
    what is prevacid?
  5. Senior Member
    Cristian was like that. One doctor told me it was reflux and put him on zantac. When I went in for his 4 month the doc said it wasn't reflux and spit up just happens.
    Some tips they gave me though were to burp really well, in between breasts if you use both breasts for feeding, keep him upright for 30 minutes after a feeding...
  6. So there i was ..........
    So there i was ..........
    Blog Entries
    my son spits up after EVERY meal alot sometimes and other times not much but still enough to notice i was told as long as he isn't fussy and screaming or seems to be in ANY pain it is normal

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaD View Post
    my son spits up after EVERY meal alot sometimes and other times not much but still enough to notice i was told as long as he isn't fussy and screaming or seems to be in ANY pain it is normal

Yup, thats basically what they told us.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    That sucks. I am a huge milk drinker! I wonder why they jumped rigt to no dairy, that is no good. I hope the baby starts feeling better.

-What if she still spits up? Can you go back to drinking milk? It's not just normal spit up?
  9. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefswife View Post
    That sucks. I am a huge milk drinker! I wonder why they jumped rigt to no dairy, that is no good. I hope the baby starts feeling better.

-What if she still spits up? Can you go back to drinking milk? It's not just normal spit up?
    When I talked to her, she asked if there were any changes to my diet and the only one I could think of is the amount of milk I have been drinking. I cut out all soda recently and have been drinking milk with my meals instead. She said to cut back for about a week and see what happens. If there is no change, I am supposed to talk to the ped about it. If she stops, I can wait a while and slowly start adding dairy back.

She is not in any pain when she spits up. It just started out of no where. So far, I have not had any milk since first thing this morning and she hasnt spit up anymore since about 3pm. We will see what happens tomorrow!!