Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Breast to bottle

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Help Breast to bottle

Advertisements
    Im having a hard time making Aiden take a bottle, he use to take it no problem but lately he is completely refusing! Yesterday I felt so empty so I decided to warm up some frozen BM and feed it to him but NO this little boy is so stubborn he let the milk drip in his mouth and that's how he drank the bottle and when he did suck he gagged himself.....I've had a total of 4 kids and none put up this much of a fight, how do you get them to take a bottle?
  2. Senior Member
    Have you tried different bottles? I don't really know...
    We hardly ever feed Cristian from a bottle but the one he liked best is the Medela Milk Storage Bottle.
  3. She that waits, also serves.
    She that waits, also serves.
    Try the "breastflow" bottle. it's shaped just like your breast, and works just like your breast. Made by "Thr first Years"

"Absence diminishes small loves
    and increases great ones, as the wind
    blows out the candle and fans the bonfire."

4. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

try different bottels, he may not like the nipple either, are you using cilicone or the rubber like ones? ODS all he would take were the cheapy bottles with a rubber nipple, but the younger 2 like the playtex dropins with the cilicone nipple.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyairman<3 View Post
    Try the "breastflow" bottle. it's shaped just like your breast, and works just like your breast. Made by "Thr first Years"
    . This is what I used with my DD. She hated all other bottles, but switched back and forth from breast to bottle with no trouble at all with this one. I LOVE it. I've recommended it to many friends who have had success too.

Here's a link to it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Br...9712593&sr=8-2

This is the starter kit which is what I got with DD. They have the bottles at Babies R Us in store too.

The cool thing about breastflow is it requires compression and suction so he can't just let it drip into his mouth. He has to use the same sucking action as he uses on your breast.
  6. Senior Member
    I tried adiri bottles with ds, he likes them but likes the medela better.
  7. Senior Member
    Maybe try the Bornfree bottles. They are a little pricy but it was the only bottle my son and my niece would take and they're both breastfed.

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm using the drop in ones with rubber nipples, I tried other nipples and nothing! Tried regular bottles and nothing so I think Im going to take you guys advice and try the brestflow ones and go from there.

Thanks everyone