Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding questions :)

1. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Question Breastfeeding questions :)

Advertisements
    I'm sure I will be posting alot of these. I wanna try to b/f baby #2. I did not try with Jackson so i'm completely cluless about it. Anyways, how challenging will be to b/f with a 2 1/2 year old? What about cluster feedings, any advice there? How often do newborns b/f? I know with bottle feeding, J ate ever 2 1/2 to 3 hours, like clock work Where can you pick up nursing bras? Did you use disposable or reuseable breast pads? Did it hurt at first? If so, anything I can do to help it not hurt?

Any other advice? Links etc? I'm know im still early in my pregnancy but i wanna try and be as informed as I can be!

I think thats all for now
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

What size nursing bras do you need? They roughly feed the same as bottle fed babies, sometimes more because breast milk is a little thinner in consistancy. I didn't feed ODS but did YDS and DD YDS was only 15mths old when DD was born, they just have to learn that when you are feeding you need to be left alone, give them some toys or food to keep them occupied while you are feeding and if the start to cry or something, you need to try and not let it bother you. PM me if you need anything sweetie. Oh invest in a good pump and I find Johnsons nursing pads the best.

3. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by sandykay View Post
    What size nursing bras do you need? They roughly feed the same as bottle fed babies, sometimes more because breast milk is a little thinner in consistancy. I didn't feed ODS but did YDS and DD YDS was only 15mths old when DD was born, they just have to learn that when you are feeding you need to be left alone, give them some toys or food to keep them occupied while you are feeding and if the start to cry or something, you need to try and not let it bother you. PM me if you need anything sweetie. Oh invest in a good pump and I find Johnsons nursing pads the best.
    Thank you I have NO idea what size I will need! I normally a 38C, I think What kind of pump is best?
  4. Senior Member
    if you're looking for a semi cheap one that works really well get the medela swing...I got it because I didn't know how long BFing was going to work for us.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm BF my 4mo old now. My DD is 2 and doesn't mind it. She knows he is "getting his milk". She was BF too.
    DS ate about every 2 hours when he was newborn. He is at about every 3-4 hours now and sleeps through the night.
    As for a pump, I used the Avent Isis hand pump and loved it. I also had the Medela Pump in Style but liked the Isis better.
    You can get some really decent nursing bras from Motherhood Maternity for under $20. And, get a soft comfy one for the nighttime.

Good luck!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    I'm sure I will be posting alot of these. I wanna try to b/f baby #2. I did not try with Jackson so i'm completely cluless about it. Anyways, how challenging will be to b/f with a 2 1/2 year old? What about cluster feedings, any advice there? How often do newborns b/f? I know with bottle feeding, J ate ever 2 1/2 to 3 hours, like clock work Where can you pick up nursing bras? Did you use disposable or reuseable breast pads? Did it hurt at first? If so, anything I can do to help it not hurt?

Any other advice? Links etc? I'm know im still early in my pregnancy but i wanna try and be as informed as I can be!

I think thats all for now
    It wasn't hard to breastfeed with an older child, but the older child did watch a lot of TV those first few months. Both of my newborns breastfed a lot, about every hour or so. I got my nursing bras at Motherhood stores. I used disposable breast pads because they held more. I can't remember the brand name, but there was one type that held the most (I leaked a LOT). And yes, it hurt for me with both kids. But so worth it!
    Aubrey

RIP Jeremy 3/17/78 - 1/16/09
  7. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Quote Originally Posted by mackenziesmommy View Post
    if you're looking for a semi cheap one that works really well get the medela swing...I got it because I didn't know how long BFing was going to work for us.
    The madela pumps are great and rang in prices DH bought me the $300 odd one and I love it, even though I haven't really had to use it much, just knowing I have it incase I do need it is good. Go to motherhood and get yourself measured for a bra. I have some 36 D and DD ones I have never worn I was going to sell ebay. Motherhood have a variety and reasonable prices. I prefer the semimolded cups with underwire. Try a few on to see what is most comfortable for you. If you want sexy ones, I recomend www.evealexander.com they are a little more expensive than motherhood, but really nice.

8. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Oh invest in a few tubes of lanolin cream and you can also get those breast releif hot/cold packs (Gerber brand) from the bx

9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    here's a very informative website
    http://www.breastfeeding.com/

you can buy nursing bras cheap at walmart, I didn't have any pain but some people do (try Lanolin cream), try to breastfeed as soon after delivery as possible to answer a few of your questions....
    I breastfed Ky for 19 months so you can ask me anything
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

Ask me about Congenital Heart Defects... 1 in 100, it could be your child...

Ask me about Down Syndrome... more common than you think...

Wife to a Disabled Army Veteran... been there, done that, moving on
  10. X
    X
    I'm not having a hard time breastfeeding with Zoe around at all.

I feed Kaia on demand, when she's hungry I feed her.

Nursing bras I order from Target. They aren't expensive and last!

I use disposable breast pads.

It didn't hurt me at all for the first time w/ Zoe nor with Kaia. They both latched on and fed/feed really well!

Kellymom is a great website for any questions you have. You know my PM box is always open if you have any other specific questions!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast