Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mom's of infants 0-6 months

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Question Mom's of infants 0-6 months

Advertisements
    We have a two story townhome and Aiden (10 weeks old) likes to sleep in his crib tonight I let him fall asleep in it but I can't stand that he is up there, I much rather him be downstairs with me in his swing or chair till I go to bed....how do you seperate yourselves from your infant and the constant worrying if their okay if your not looking at them every second your awake? I hate that he's upstairs sleeping but I need to set up his routine already.....
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Honestly the monitors save my sanity. It sucks to be away but I have two infants and only one brain so having a few minutes a day to be just by myself is super important...

When Liam was tiny I just kept him in the sling until I went to bed
  3. Senior Member
    A friend of mine had a video monitor for her DS. It was pretty awesome, she could see and hear what was going on in his room. She just moved it around the house with her to keep an eye on him.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I felt that way too for a long time...Emma would be where ever I was ...she was almost 3 months when I started to put her upstairs and I would stay downstairs until I was ready to go to bed...Now I am in a place where there is no stairs and I feel a bit better I dunno I guess not haven't a 2nd floor helps me...but it was hard I got so used to having her next to me all the time...She was sleeping in my room up until the middle of September until I decided since DH was coming home on R&R and he wouldn't want the baby in there while we were doing our thing...So it took a I think 4 nights and she finally was sleeping through the night in her crib in her own room...it took me about a week to acutally get some good sleep again.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    Honestly the monitors save my sanity. It sucks to be away but I have two infants and only one brain so having a few minutes a day to be just by myself is super important...

When Liam was tiny I just kept him in the sling until I went to bed
    Got the monitor but I can't hear him cause he's sleeping and its driving me nuts not being able to see him! I've sent my son up stairs twice to check for me and I've checked once. Sids have me so paranoid
  6. Senior Member
    Get a video monitor. We don't have one because he still sleeps in the cosleeper at night and we have a pretty small apartment so during the day I can hear him. I will probably be getting one this winter though when we move back home.
  7. New beginnings
    New beginnings
    i think its completely natural. 10 weeks is still soo early, you know? I did the same thing, checked on the kiddos a bunch, until they turned about 4 months.
    "You might be a big fish in a little pond, doesn't mean you've won, 'cause along might come a bigger one. And you'll be lost."
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by instant_oatmeal View Post
    Get a video monitor. We don't have one because he still sleeps in the cosleeper at night and we have a pretty small apartment so during the day I can hear him. I will probably be getting one this winter though when we move back home.
    Im thinking about it we're just so low on funds right now that I cannot budget that in
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by aprilloveshim View Post
    i think its completely natural. 10 weeks is still soo early, you know? I did the same thing, checked on the kiddos a bunch, until they turned about 4 months.
    Well come on four months lol
  10. Banned
    Banned
    I always liked going in and being able to see for myself he was ok. A video monitor wouldn't make me feel any better because I'd be straining my eyes to see the chest moving with each breath. Might as well walk my butt in there and look. Maybe I won't be so paranoid next kiddo, but I was really paranoid about everything when Tandis was that small.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast