Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brest Feeding toddlers with a new baby

1. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Brest Feeding toddlers with a new baby

Advertisements
    Just a question for those ladies BFing and are preggo or are ttc, do you plan to continue BFing your now baby or toddler when the new baby arrives?

2. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2
    My son is almost 7 months old and I am pregnant with #2. I have thought about this a lot... I really do NOT want to tandem nurse. I get overwhelmed enough just nursing one, I can't imagine nursing 2 at once!!!!
    This is my shrine to Bryanna... she rocks!!
  3. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Just wondering about that too, cause wouldn't that mean that the toddler would be getting colostrom that is for the baby?

4. Senior Member
    Tandem nursing is perfectly healthy for both children. They both receive the nutrients that they need. I know Germanchick was nursing while she got pregnant but not sure if she still is. I think she is the only one on here that is.
  5. Senior Member
    I got pregnant when my twins where 8 months old and I stopped BF them when they where 9 months because I was pregnant. My girls actually seemed to stop themselves though.
  6. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

This is something I've been thinking about. I want to start TTC sometimes in the next 6 months. But I don't want to stop BF'ing Zayne until he is at least 6 months... I'd like to get to a year. So I know being pregnant will effect that.
  7. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    I am still bf...slowing down now. I had a miscarriage a couple months ago now and was still nursing. We are planning on one more I hope to be done with this one nursing before I have the next one.
  8. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2
    I am still nursing full time. My 7 month old eats some solids but obviously breast milk is still his main form of nutrition. I am hoping he weans himself by the time the new baby comes, he will be 13-14 months old.
    This is my shrine to Bryanna... she rocks!!
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I've known a few who were BFing when they got pregnant, but for the most part, the baby stopped wanting the breast. Something about the milk tasting "sour"... ?
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I was planning on letting Miss K self-wean but then she visited the inlaws for two weeks so we stopped. She was a little over 23 months old and I was about 14 weeks pregnant at that time. To me it was just one of those things that I felt would play itself out one way or another. Since Miss K at that point only nursed in the mornings after getting up I figured even if she still bf when the new baby got here it is not as if she would be any extra work. Plus since the milk supply is based on demand she would not be taking anything away from the baby anyway.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast