Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I need some help

1. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Sad I need some help

Advertisements
    I think my supply is low. Lately when Zayne's been eating he gets upset after a few minutes and now I'm thinking it's because he's not really getting enough. My breasts don't get a little firm between feedings like they were. Since yesterday I've been pumping between feedings (getting very very little) to try to increase the supply, how long will it take for that to help? He also sleeps through the night, is that hurting my supply?

Besides fenugreek, oatmeal and mother milk tea... are there any other suggestions to help my supply?
    Last edited by IMakeLotsaBabies; 11-06-2008 at 04:44 PM.
  2. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    nope...that covers it. are you eating and drinking enough? Posted via Mobile Device
  3. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    nope...that covers it. are you eating and drinking enough? Posted via Mobile Device
    Yah, I've been eating and drinking plenty Tony is supposed to go to the healthfood store today to pick me up some fenugreek. I don't want to have to supplement and I REALLY don't want to stop breastfeeding yet.
  4. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Sarah sorry I'm not help but good luck!
  5. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    fenugreek never really helped me. oatmeal did tho
  6. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    the sleeping thru the night is changing your supply for sure. I never got anything out pumping compared to what I produced either so I know that wasn't a good judge of supply. It can help your supply hopefully. Fenugreek does help.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    oatmeal works WONDERS. I eat the Kashi oatmeal every morning and have noticed a BIG difference in my supply. I am pretty sure that mine was low at one point b/c I was going through the same thing you are... I was feeling very little let down, hardly any fullness, and the baby was getting PISSED after just a couple minutes. Now, we're back to normal. I can feel my let downs, I do get the fullness feeling, and I seem to have plenty of fullness even after he eats. I think the oatmeal definitely made a huge difference for us!
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Also, mine does NOT sleep through the night, not even close. So, he's still nursing about every 2 hours around the clock. That might make a difference. Plus, I pump a little bit once or twice a day (when I get a chance) right now b/c I'm still working on our freezer stash.
  9. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aelsass View Post
    the sleeping thru the night is changing your supply for sure. I never got anything out pumping compared to what I produced either so I know that wasn't a good judge of supply. It can help your supply hopefully. Fenugreek does help.
    ya, though ifhe sleeps - i def dont recommend doing anythingto change that lol because if he is sleping, you dont need to have your boobs trained to produce a lot then

Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Senior Member
    You are lucky he sleeps through the night!! I don't really know but from what I've read I think you are doing everything you can. Cristian did that for just a few days and now he's back to normal feedings so maybe its just a phase?
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast