Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weightloss with Breatfeeding

1. Senior Member
    Me - Bronx NY, WA DH: USS Abraham Lincoln

Weightloss with Breatfeeding

Advertisements
    How many of you all have seen weight loss with breatfeeding and if so how much? Was it gradual or drastic and how long did it take to notice.
    CHRISTOPHER JAYDEN born October 10, 2008 5lbs 7 oz
    & Yes he was early. 33 weeks and 5 days
    NICU Survivor
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I noticed it practically straight away. Within 2 weeks I was down to my prepreggo weight and DD is 9 weeks, I'm now 10lb lighter than my prepreggo weight

3. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    I had NO luck with weight loss. Since I've stopped breastfeeding a little over a month ago, I've lost 15 lbs, with no change in my diet/exercise plan... still doing the same thing that I did for the 12+ months of Ellie's life that I bf. My doctor said some people have that problem. I was SOOOO lucky. NOT. My best friend had the same problem. Only lost weight AFTER she stopped.
  4. Senior Member
    Me - Bronx NY, WA DH: USS Abraham Lincoln
    I see a difference but i had a c-section and I am dying to get in the gym. Its only been 2 1/2 weeks and i know i am still on restriction. The elliptical is calling my name. I am a dancer so all this extra weight is so not cool on me. They say you burn like 500 calories a day feeding so if i counter that with an additional 500 from working out i think I can get down fast but man this restriction is the hurdle. IDK im impatient.
    CHRISTOPHER JAYDEN born October 10, 2008 5lbs 7 oz
    & Yes he was early. 33 weeks and 5 days
    NICU Survivor
  5. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    Well... 1) If you are consuming too little it will affect not only your supply but the quality of your breastmilk 2) There's a reason there's a restriction. I'd just stick to walking for the next 4 weeks.... Starving your body will not be good for healing or your breastmilk supply.
  6. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    I BF all of mine and it helped the weight tremendously. Give your self time to heal and then hit the gym hard. Once you start dancing again, the weight will melt right off. Trust me
  7. X
    X
    with Zoe all of my preg weight was gone by the time I came back from the hospital. This time with Kaia it took a week for the preg weight to come off. I'm guessing it's from BFing because I'm not doing anything different.

Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Senior Member
    Remember if you are not taking in enough calories, then your body will hold onto them and you wont lose anything. Breastfeeding moms need around 2000 calories a day or more. (I think) Hard to believe but the more you eat, the more you will lose
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I lost all of mine within 2-6 weeks with all four kiddos. Not sure if it was from breastfeeding or not though. It might have just been extra water (Which I had a LOT of) and luck. I have gained a bit back though now. I'm eating more now than I would be not BFing though b/c I know the little one needs me to eat.
  10. Senior Member
    WTH!!!! I am breastfeeding and I still have 15lbs to lose and she is 2 months old.
    Needs work.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast