Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: non-vaxing and preschool????

1. Senior Member

non-vaxing and preschool????

Advertisements
    We're non-vaxing. Can my children still go to school on post (specifically at Ft. Hood, but i would imagine that the policies are the same at all Army Posts..)?

I really want my DS's to go to preschool/kindergarten etc etc etc all the way up. Everyone keeps telling me that they HAVE to have their vaccines to go to public school/school on post. Is this true? I always thought you could just sign a waiver of some sort saying that you will pull your kid from school should there be an outbreak. Am I off in left field with this concept?????? My mom SWEARS that they will not take my kids if i dont give them their shots.

any info would be awesome!
    thanks
    "R is one of the most menacing of sounds, that's why it's called muRdeR and not muckduck"
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    check but you should be able to get a philosophical or religious exemption

only MS and WV state your child must be vaccinated in it's entireity
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    check but you should be able to get a philosophical or religious exemption

only MS and WV state your child must be vaccinated in it's entireity

Yeah I'm going to check sometime this week. I figured I could always use religious reasons, but i feel kinda guilty saying that because it's not true. I just hate the hassle I get from people when they find out my kids aren't vaccinated so it's worth feeling that twinge of guilt.

REALLY!? (about the ms and wv thing) i didn't know that...good to know!

thanks for the reply
    "R is one of the most menacing of sounds, that's why it's called muRdeR and not muckduck"
  4. 7000 miles apart, but our love still grows...
    7000 miles apart, but our love still grows...
    I'm not quite sure about where you are, but I know when DD started school in Delaware they required all vaccines to be updated and she needed a physical. We moved to Texas and they also wanted the same. These are public schools that she went to. I hope you find all the answers you need!
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyfamily View Post
    I'm not quite sure about where you are, but I know when DD started school in Delaware they required all vaccines to be updated and she needed a physical. We moved to Texas and they also wanted the same. These are public schools that she went to. I hope you find all the answers you need!
    there are waivers in place. http://www.909shot.com/state-site/state-exemptions.htm this website tells you what each state offers
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My son is in a daycare/preschool right now and they say vaccines are mandatory but I told them my reasoning and they let me know about a waiver I could sign saying they would not be liable if he got any communicable diseases there b/c of a lack of the vaccines. I'm wondering how the state preschool will go though...
  7. Senior Member
    so did you both end up getting your kids vaccinated?? Or did you sign the waivers? how did you feel about it if you did end up vaccinating them?

I'm so frustrated because I really WOULD keep them RIGHT on schedule, if I had more faith in dr.s, drugs companies, etc etc. It's their own damn fault that no one vax's anymore.

okay... sorry

I am hoping for a waiver to work. I dont even know what school yet, I mean I am actually in Maine at the moment, but am moving back to Ft. Hood in a few months and want to start DS#1 in preschool of some sort once I find one that suits his/my needs/expectations. I guess if I live on post I will be more apt to just settle for whatever they have for schools on post; hopefully they are good!

i just hijacked my own thread! haha

anyway....back to the main question, if anyone else has input..

8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    well my dd is still itty bitty but i would rather homeschool than allow dd to be vaccinated with vaxes i deem unsafe. hopefully we will be able to use a philosophical exemption but if not i have a religious exemption in place. also anyone can have a religion--you can sign the forms as head of your own church
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We vax however the preschool my son is in which is located here on base wont let youe child in without vaccinations unless it is a medical issue I believe. They are real strict here. I had to give them a copy of his shot record and they even want him to start his 4-6yr old ones once he turns 4.

I have no idea about the waivers but I think here on base unless it is medical they'll deny you. They are so strict here that I almost had to go in front of the preschool board to even get my son admitted into it because he was on zyrtec for allergies at 1 point so they were gonna make me do their med board review and crap...

Your best bet is to call and find out
  10. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Texas has waivers you can use. Usually religious or medical.
    you have to use a waiver though otherwise your child can't go to school without either fully vaxed or waiver.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast