Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sigh---breastfeeding mommies look here

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

sigh---breastfeeding mommies look here

Advertisements
    So dd is rapidly approaching 1 year. i am sort of very ready for her to wean. i get very tired of nursing all morning once she comes back to bed. she starts off in her room and then back into our bed around 3 or 4 am. i'm just tired of being an all morning buffet for her. i'm sticking it out till 1 year definitely but what would you do?
  2. Senior Member
    I honestly wish I would have weaned Nathan sooner. I kept thinking he would wean himself ( child lead weaning ) but he is still nursing at 25 months old
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    So dd is rapidly approaching 1 year. i am sort of very ready for her to wean. i get very tired of nursing all morning once she comes back to bed. she starts off in her room and then back into our bed around 3 or 4 am. i'm just tired of being an all morning buffet for her. i'm sticking it out till 1 year definitely but what would you do?
    I think that if you're ready, then it's probably what you should do. I think it's fantastic that you made it a year!! I hope I can stick with it that long. You're a great mom and I'm sure you'll make the right decision.
  4. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    I stuck it out until a year. However, I nighttime weaned her around 9 months. She used to wake at least 1 (usually 2) times a night to comfort nurse. For 2 nights, I let her fuss for a few minutes and put herself back to sleep. That's all it took, and she slept through the night ever since.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i don't know i kind of want my boobs back, and we might ttc this upcoming year (still working on dh) so i want a bit of time before i'm attaching a baby back to my boob all day kwim? however i don't want to traumatize her either
  6. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    If you want your boobs back, then the nursing relationship is no longer working and it's time to stop. If you feel that way, perhaps it's time to start weaning her and see how it goes. Maybe one feeding at a time.
  7. Thread Killer
    Thread Killer
    How big is she?
    My boys woke to nurse until they were about 20 lbs- they were about 6 months.
    Lili on the other hand, didn't hit that weight until about 18 months- and she was still waking to eat every couple hours
    She nursed until I got preg with Mia- she was 2. She was my longest nurser
    Jayme
    The TaterTwins
    Boy 14, Boy 12, Boy 11, Girl 8, Girl 6 & Twin Boys 6/14/09

8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    yeah she barely nurses during the day anymore which makes me sad. i'm so darn confused on this because i want my boobies back but still like nursing her because it does make me stop and calm down a bit and just bond with her. i guess i should start looking into it though
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayme View Post
    How big is she?
    My boys woke to nurse until they were about 20 lbs- they were about 6 months.
    Lili on the other hand, didn't hit that weight until about 18 months- and she was still waking to eat every couple hours
    She nursed until I got preg with Mia- she was 2. She was my longest nurser
    she was 18.5 lbs on sept. 15
  10. Senior Member
    You seem like you might be ready to wean. I highly doubt you will traumatize her. She has to be weaned sometime. I know you've done a great job!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast