Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: BFing Mommys of 4 month olds

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

BFing Mommys of 4 month olds

Advertisements
    How many times a night do you kids or did your kids get up to eat at night? I know each kid is different but she is killing me. She gets up like every 2 hours sometimes 3 at night and lots of night she stays awake in the wee hours for no reason. Am I doing something wrong, we have a bedtime routine? At 4 months DS started sleeping throgh the night, but he was a formula baby and she is no where near even doing long stretches. Help
  2. Moving to Okinawa...so excited!!!
    Moving to Okinawa...so excited!!!
    My daughter would get up at least 3 times a night when she was four months old. I would sit and cry saying that I wished I wasnt breastfeeding, but I really am glad I do breastfeed. My son was formula fed and he slept much better and longer at a much earlier age. My daughter is 10 1/2 months and she still doesnt always sleep through the night. I have just gotten used to it and tell my self that some day I will get a full nights sleep. It will eventually work itself out. You arent doing anything wrong though. If you were, we all would be. Good luck.
  3. Senior Member

when my son was 4 months old, he was already sleeping through the night because he was in the 75th percentile for weight and the dr. said if he was sleeping, not to wake him.
  4. X
    X
    Z was sleeping through the night by 2 months BUT she was a chunker and was fine to sleep the 6-7 hours straight. She would cluster feed a lot during the day though.
  5. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    ellie didnt sleep through the night until 9 months old. prior to that she would wake every 2.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    she would get up every 4 hours or so at 4 months and then about a month later it was every 2 or 3 hours but she's back to every 4 or 5 hours now
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks ladies. Most nights I can handle it but last night I was in tears. She eats a lot during the day too. I am so thankful that breastfeeding is working out for us because I love it.
  8. To get through this day is to be closer to you!
    To get through this day is to be closer to you!

sleep little one

My baby is 6 months old now. He slept through the night perfectly until about 4 months rolled around. I think it had to do with the 4 month shots and the fact that he started teething. Maybe your bundle of joy is teething? (switch between motrin and tylenol) Well 6 months came and he finally broke teeth and started sleeping soundly again.
    MISSING MY MARINE!
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Am I dreaming? View Post
    My baby is 6 months old now. He slept through the night perfectly until about 4 months rolled around. I think it had to do with the 4 month shots and the fact that he started teething. Maybe your bundle of joy is teething? (switch between motrin and tylenol) Well 6 months came and he finally broke teeth and started sleeping soundly again.
    She is actually. We use teething tablets, she is to young for Motrin right now so if necessary we use tylenol. I hope once she finally breaks some teeth she will sleep better. Thanks.
  10. To get through this day is to be closer to you!
    To get through this day is to be closer to you!
    If it helps my doc and even more reliable: experienced relatives, said that by 4 months the first mark on the infant motrin stick is an ok amount for them. it is about .625, it really helped mine, even better than tylenol. But everyone said to switch from tylenol to motrin...not sure why but it works.

hope this helps, just breathe, it will be over soon.
    MISSING MY MARINE!