Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding mommy's

1. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Question Breastfeeding mommy's

Advertisements
    How many of your babies were prescribed vitamins? They prescribed some to Zayne today because I breastfeed. I know I've read something about it on here a while back.
  2. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    Not me, that just seems weird. I thought the BM contains all that they need? LOL
  3. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    Not me, that just seems weird. I thought the BM contains all that they need? LOL
    I don't get it He's obviously growing well and she said he looks great. So it's not like it's to fix an obvious lack or something. I wish I had gone with Tony (the clinic is RIGHT here on base not even 2 minutes away so he ran him over without me) so I could have asked if it was really necessary.
  4. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    Yea, I personally don't think it's necessary. Hell, think of what women did BEFORE formula, before vitamins. LOL They just gave pure, unadulterated BM
  5. X
    X
    They did for Zoe, but I didn't bother with them. She got everything she needed from my BM and plenty of sunshine

Posted via Mobile Device
  6. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    Yea, I personally don't think it's necessary. Hell, think of what women did BEFORE formula, before vitamins. LOL They just gave pure, unadulterated BM
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph* View Post
    They did for Zoe, but I didn't bother with them. She got everything she needed from my BM and plenty of sunshine

Posted via Mobile Device

I really don't think I'm going to give him the vitimins because I have an allergy to most vitamins I've ever been given and I don't want him having issues.
  7. on the road again.....
    on the road again.....
    They say breastmilk lacks enough vitamin D and that's why they are starting to prescribe vitamins for breastfed babies.

Personally I think those who are having first babies may not be outdoors quite as much as those of us who have multiple children and thus prescribing supplements. I personally don't agree with the extra vitamins and I'm thankful CaliAnne's dr didn't prescribe us any.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/reyn2bee/blinkies/nj_devils.gif[/URL]
  8. Senior Member
    We were prescribe either Vitamin D or Iron, I can not remember. I just smiled for the doctor and never gave Trent anything. He was getting plenty of vitamins from me and the sun.
  9. Senior Member
    I had vit D prescribed for my older 2, I wasn't religious about giving it to them because we spent a lot of time outside. Not sure if they will do the same with Lilly, but if they do prescribe them, I will give them to her. Sadly, with the cold weather here we haven't be spending hardly any time outside in the sun. But you have much nicer weather down there, and 3 other young ones that probably require you to take them out.
    Last edited by NobodySpecial; 10-07-2008 at 08:35 AM.
    Needs work.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Miss K was prescribed them but I never gave them to her
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast