Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was breastfeeding easy for you?

1. Senior Member

Was breastfeeding easy for you?

Advertisements
    Or did you have a hard time getting started.
    We're having a bit of a tough time getting going, but I'm determined to do this!
    I was just interested in hearing how it went for all of you. Maybe get some tips

Right now Wesley is eating about every 2-3 hours and he'll nurse from 20minutes to an hour (sometimes longer). My poor nipples are having a rough time (I had some bad nurses and got a bad start so now I'm healing from that) and I'm still waiting for let down. My milk is in, but I think I'm too stressed...
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I had a hard time with it. Wyatt would eat for a solid 45 minutes, give me a 30 minute break, then start over. I was so exhausted after 6 weeks of this, we started him on formula. I wasn't sleeping and he was ALWAYS hungry.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    I had a hard time with it. Wyatt would eat for a solid 45 minutes, give me a 30 minute break, then start over. I was so exhausted after 6 weeks of this, we started him on formula. I wasn't sleeping and he was ALWAYS hungry.
    That's kind of what we're dealing with. I'm hoping he gets more full when he's actually getting milk.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerchild View Post
    That's kind of what we're dealing with. I'm hoping he gets more full when he's actually getting milk.
    I hope you have more luck than I did. We did that for 6 straight weeks until I finally gave up.
  5. Thread Killer
    Thread Killer
    Once I got past the first 3 weeks I was good to go... it was much easier
    Jayme
    The TaterTwins
    Boy 14, Boy 12, Boy 11, Girl 8, Girl 6 & Twin Boys 6/14/09

6. Senior Member
    We had some bad days, we still do. Give it a few weeks, it does get a little easier. I'm sure you're doing great.
  7. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2
    We had a VERY hard time, very very hard, ask Kayla. Trevor wouldn't latch and it was painful and he wanted to eat all the freaking time. A couple things were lifesavers. Nipple shields, they are like little silicone nipples you put over your nipples and it gives them more to latch onto. It will give your nips some time to heal, while still stimulating your breast to keep up your supply. They aren't something you should use forever, but for the first 1.5 months they saved my life. Also, don't put to much pressure on it. Take it one day at a time, and one day you will look back and realize you have been breast feeding for 3, 4 months, it totally shocked me when I realized we had been doing it for almost 6 months!! There are still days I hate it, and I am never going to be one of those people who love breast feeding, but it is a million times better then at the start!! Now we are having issues because I am pregnant but that is a whole different kettle of fish!! If you need advice or anything feel free to PM me or IM me!! I know how hard those first weeks can be, but you CAN do this!!
    This is my shrine to Bryanna... she rocks!!
  8. Senior Member
    I had a very easy time both times. In the begining my son wanted nurse 24/7. Our home nurse said to allow him no more than 10 minutes per side and try to wait an hour before the next feeding. It worked really well. My daughter was a champ at nursing she latched on right away and we never had any issues.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I had it easy with all my babies except this one. He is only 3 weeks old and I'm finding myself giving him at least 2 bottles of formula a day. He wants to eat so much that Im unable to produce as much as he needs (or so it feels like it). I think it also has to do with my not being able to eat correctly because Im not finding time for myself right now.
  10. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    It was VERY painful for me but I didn't have someone to help me 12 years ago so I gave up. I do wish I had someone to help me. If I did I am sure I would have kept at it and gave it a shot with DS as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast