Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: biting

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

biting

Advertisements
    dd is 9 1/2 months-ish and she loves to just bite me. i mean i can be holding her and she just bites HARD for no reason. not hungry, not frustrated, i can play with her and she bites me for no reason. how can i make her stop short of saying owwww really loudly and saying that hurts
  2. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Be consistant when she does it, saying "ow, it hurts mommy when you bite" and I always put my index finger in their mouth across their gum line. I hope she stops for you. This is such a hard habit to break
  3. Senior Member
    She's old enough to learn the word no. You can say it firmly and sternly. She might get all butt hurt the first couple of times and pout about it, maybe even cry a little...

But she's old enough to learn "No." She has to learn it eventually.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Johnny was a little bit older when he started this hitting thing. He thought it was funny to hit me while I was holding him. I would grab his hand and tell him no, not nice. It didn't work so one day I put him down and walked away. He hasn't done it since and he just turned 3 this past weekend.

Good Luck hun.
  5. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post
    She's old enough to learn the word no. You can say it firmly and sternly. She might get all butt hurt the first couple of times and pout about it, maybe even cry a little...

But she's old enough to learn "No." She has to learn it eventually.
    ... Cam only did that a couple times, a firm "NO" and putting her down worked for us.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

6. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Tell her no firmly and put her down. She'll get the point.
  7. i love my hubby
    i love my hubby
    me: corona my baby: out to sea when he comes home san diego
    well when my god daughter used to do that to me i would tell her no that hurts me when u do that sometimes she thought it was funny so one time i told her if u bite me again im gonna bite u back so she did and i bit her back not to hard it didnt leave a mark jus enough to show her how it feels she never bit me again after than.. good luck
    kristen " i u more than the stars in all the skies!!"
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    we use NO for things like her playing with the entertainment center but i haven't though about using it for biting. i wasn't sure if she was old enough to understand that NO biting that hurts is okay. she also does it when nursing sometimes and with that i say NO and put the boob away. i'll try some of the methods that you guys suggested, esp. NO
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    If the bitting is when you are nursing, say no and put her down. Don't pick her up either right away. If you are consistant, she will learn.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    ds started to bite me towards the end so when he did I said "NO" firmly and put him down he quickly learned if he wanted to nurse he would not bite mommy. Worked great for us but you have to stay very firm and consistant with it in order for it to work
    I am down 10lbs in 6 days!!! PM me if you want to try your very own FREE sample!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast