Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant take another night like last night

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Cant take another night like last night

Advertisements
    Last night was rough, they have been here recently. She was doing really good sleeping about 4-5 hours at a time but now shes barely going 2 hours between. At night I swaddle her, give her some teething tablets, and feed her at 8 pm. I usually feed her again at 10:30 pm right before I go to bed. Last night she was up so many times and stayed awake for quite awhile too. I am not sure what to do, I was afraid she was hungry because she wasnt getting enough but she is having enough diapers a day and gaining weight. I finally sat her up and burped her, she puked and then went to sleep but was still restless. In the book I have(the nursing Mothers comapion) it says that it is not normal for her to be eating every hour which I know its just a book but I am at a loss. There isnt a whole lot to this post but I just want some of the nursing goddess to tell me itll be ok. I love nursing and am so happy I have made it 3.5 months and want to keep on going. I am just feel a little defeated today.

Ohh and I thought I should add. She is at the point where she pulls off about 30 times during a feeding. She looks around giggles and I relatch her and we try again.
  2. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    have you thought about trying to add some rice ceral to her diet? I would think trying a little at night before bedtime may help.

It also could be that she is going thru a growth spurt and nursing more to make you make more milk.

Either way, I hope that this phase ends quickly so you can sleep again!
  3. I'm so Blessed
    I'm so Blessed
    Blog Entries
    Iam sorry girl.. you should try the baby oragel for her teeth that may help so she just stays attaced until you switch or shes done.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Sarah* View Post
    have you thought about trying to add some rice ceral to her diet? I would think trying a little at night before bedtime may help.

It also could be that she is going thru a growth spurt and nursing more to make you make more milk.

Either way, I hope that this phase ends quickly so you can sleep again!
    I went to a LLL meeting last week and they said not to add rice cereal to the diet. It has no nutritional value for the baby, she should be getting everything from bm. Just what they said....not bashing anyone.

OP-Cristian is doing the same thing recently. He was sleeping like 4-5 hours and now I'm lucky to get 2 1/2. When he does wake up he eats so fast and is done in like 5 minutes. I try to get him to take more but he is completely asleep. During the day we have a few where he pulls off a million times but at night he's ok. I'm hoping that it is just a growth spurt.
  5. Aplatel87
    First of all, be careful with the teething tablets. They put my son in ICU for 3 days after him only having 2. It aggrivated his heart to where it was beating twice as fast (not good for a 6 month old!). Poor baby had an IV in his arm for 3 days, had a bag of ice LITERALLY held on top of his face by the nurses (dont really remember the purpose of that, I was freaking out too much I had to leave the room). It was horrible, and the main Dr at the ICU supposedly sent a letter to the company about a recall.
    As far as the nursing thing goes, when DS turned 3 months my Dr gave it a to try a bit of cereal/rice. He slept SO much better after having more in his tummy.
    Good luck and just try to enjoy your baby as much as you can! I give you MAD brownie points for nursing, I couldn't do it.
    Good luck!!!
  6. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by instant_oatmeal View Post
    I went to a LLL meeting last week and they said not to add rice cereal to the diet. It has no nutritional value for the baby, she should be getting everything from bm. Just what they said....not bashing anyone.

OP-Cristian is doing the same thing recently. He was sleeping like 4-5 hours and now I'm lucky to get 2 1/2. When he does wake up he eats so fast and is done in like 5 minutes. I try to get him to take more but he is completely asleep. During the day we have a few where he pulls off a million times but at night he's ok. I'm hoping that it is just a growth spurt.
    Its cool, just an idea. My peds reccomended it at night only to help the baby sleep a little better.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Sarah, I just tried rice cereal last night and I dont think I got any down her. She kept spitting up back out with her tounge. DS never liked rice he only liked oatmeal so I dont know if shes like that too or what. I am going to try again tonight.

Aplatel87, that is a scary story about the teething tablets. I knew about the recall but since they were put back out I was figuring that they were ok now. I dont do them every night just the nights she seems fussy and they always helped her so much.

Instant Oatmeal, I am not saying ANYTHING bad about LLL but from what I have been told they dont feel that babies should be given anything but BM for the first 6 months. My ped is ok with doing cereal and such starting at 4 months when I had DS but he said it was ok to try it a litte before then.

Thanks for all the responses ladies
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2123wife View Post
    Instant Oatmeal, I am not saying ANYTHING bad about LLL but from what I have been told they dont feel that babies should be given anything but BM for the first 6 months. My ped is ok with doing cereal and such starting at 4 months when I had DS but he said it was ok to try it a litte before then.

Thanks for all the responses ladies

That is true and that is why ds did not have any cereal or solids til he was close to 6 months. When he started to reach for food is when we introduce it.

It sounds like a growth spurt is kicking in. Try to be patience and be prepared to have a baby stuck to your boob for a couple/few weeks. You can do it!
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    That is true and that is why ds did not have any cereal or solids til he was close to 6 months. When he started to reach for food is when we introduce it.

It sounds like a growth spurt is kicking in. Try to be patience and be prepared to have a baby stuck to your boob for a couple/few weeks. You can do it!
    that's what i say.

dd was like that a lot the last few days, she was extremely constipated i think. once she pooped she's been doing so much better. do you have a bedtime routine?

as to the pulling off, she's getting interested in sounds and movements around her.
  10. Senior Member
    I was also going to say growth spurt. Usually, they don't last much longer than a few days to a week.

Hylands also makes Calm Forte and a colic medicine. All similar to the teething tablets with natural ingredients meant to calm the baby.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast