Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problems at night

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

problems at night

Advertisements
    So last night and tonight dd has been a terror, i mean absolutely TERRIBLE to put down for bed. She just screams we are going on about 3 hours now of off and on screaming. She stops as soon I as we cuddle or climb into bed with her. She is cutting a new tooth but she didn't act this way with any of her other teeth. I refuse to do CIO, DH is up with her right now. However she just shrieks like she's being murdered whenever we try to leave the room no matter how calm she is beforehand. It's like torture for me to listen to her cry but I am so f-ing frustrated *hence why DH is up there now*. I just don't know what's wrong. She's had tylenol, mylicon for gas, and gripe water (all approved to be given together by our ped). Nothing is f-ing helping. I just don't know what to do or how to help her. I feel horrible and helpless. She screams so hard that she gets short of breath. She only does this at night, not during the day, she's still as normal/happy/playful as always during the day. My nips are killing me because of her teeth no matter what position or angle I nurse her in they are constantly scraping against her teeth so they hurt like a bitch. I've nursed her about 6 times in the last 3 hours and she'll nurse for a bit and then just start trying to play with me so I get out of bed because I refuse to engage her when it's bedtime and then she shrieks bloody murder.
  2. Senior Member
    Only advice I can give is the advice my husband gave me...."take a step out side, take in a nice deep breath, and let me *him* take care of her for a little bit"

I hope your nights get easier, and hopefully it's just a phase that will end soon!!

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    yeah i'm trying to just let him deal with it but i feel so f-ing useless and helpless. i can't make my baby girl feel better. i'm trying to not let it get to me and let him deal with it so i can just decompress. the crappy part is that i dealt with it a lot while he was gone all by myself.

she seems to at least be semi asleep right now. enough to let dh leave
  4. X
    X
    Teething is usually worse at night. Have you tried letting her chew on a cold wash cloth? Teething tablets? We had a couple nights like that when Z was first teething. I would just comfort her as much as possible, those teeth can hurt! I don't believe in CIO either, I know it's hard
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed

&
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    DH said she had a massive gas bubble that she finally got out. i feel terrible, and he's all "we're a team".
  7. Senior Member
    This may sound really weird... but... if it continues past the teething, or started before, is there something in her room that scares her? Not the dark necessarily... but anything else? Even something that moves, or she feels that she doesn't understand? Little ones are very very sensitive to... things from the "other" side

I saw things when I was younger, I am sure I did when I was her age too, but they didn't bother me because when I remember it happening I knew what it was. To this day, if I am quiet, and it's dark I can see things around me... it's creepy sometimes but I know it won't hurt me.

I said it was going to sound weird, and that may totally not be it at all, it's probably the teething, but I just wanted to put that out there... hope you don't think I am a nut.

ETA: I'm glad it was just gas, but you can always keep the other thing in the back of your mind.
  8. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    So last night and tonight dd has been a terror, i mean absolutely TERRIBLE to put down for bed. She just screams we are going on about 3 hours now of off and on screaming. She stops as soon I as we cuddle or climb into bed with her. She is cutting a new tooth but she didn't act this way with any of her other teeth. I refuse to do CIO, DH is up with her right now. However she just shrieks like she's being murdered whenever we try to leave the room no matter how calm she is beforehand. It's like torture for me to listen to her cry but I am so f-ing frustrated *hence why DH is up there now*. I just don't know what's wrong. She's had tylenol, mylicon for gas, and gripe water (all approved to be given together by our ped). Nothing is f-ing helping. I just don't know what to do or how to help her. I feel horrible and helpless. She screams so hard that she gets short of breath. She only does this at night, not during the day, she's still as normal/happy/playful as always during the day. My nips are killing me because of her teeth no matter what position or angle I nurse her in they are constantly scraping against her teeth so they hurt like a bitch. I've nursed her about 6 times in the last 3 hours and she'll nurse for a bit and then just start trying to play with me so I get out of bed because I refuse to engage her when it's bedtime and then she shrieks bloody murder.
    Why not try Nighttime Formula Baby Orajel?!?
  9. Senior Member
    First of all I think it is wonderful that your dh is helping and being a team member!

Do you play music and have any kind of background noise in her room? What about a nightlight? Sometimes having something else in the room like that helps. Trent still has a mobile that lights up his room and he watches every night before he falls asleep.

I know it is hard. All babies go through it but remember that you will get to the other side.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCSGTsGirl1239 View Post
    This may sound really weird... but... if it continues past the teething, or started before, is there something in her room that scares her? Not the dark necessarily... but anything else? Even something that moves, or she feels that she doesn't understand? Little ones are very very sensitive to... things from the "other" side

I saw things when I was younger, I am sure I did when I was her age too, but they didn't bother me because when I remember it happening I knew what it was. To this day, if I am quiet, and it's dark I can see things around me... it's creepy sometimes but I know it won't hurt me.

I said it was going to sound weird, and that may totally not be it at all, it's probably the teething, but I just wanted to put that out there... hope you don't think I am a nut.

ETA: I'm glad it was just gas, but you can always keep the other thing in the back of your mind.
    I have actually been really suspicious that she sees something. she will be nursing and then all of a sudden jolt alert and stare off behind me and then start babbling. it freaks me out really badly because i am worried that it is an evil spirit or something. she's done it since she's been in our room whereas when she slept in our room she didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    First of all I think it is wonderful that your dh is helping and being a team member!

Do you play music and have any kind of background noise in her room? What about a nightlight? Sometimes having something else in the room like that helps. Trent still has a mobile that lights up his room and he watches every night before he falls asleep.

I know it is hard. All babies go through it but remember that you will get to the other side.
    yeah she's got a fan that doesn't face the bed but is a great white noise maker. she has 2 nightlights, her monitor has one on it and then there is one plugged into the wall that lights up in response to the dark.

thank you everyone! she's been asleep for about an hour and 45 minutes now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast