Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Co-Sleeping moms?

1. Senior Member

Co-Sleeping moms?

Advertisements
    What do you do for naptime? Do you lay down with the baby, put them in their crib, put them in a playpen?

I am having trouble getting my little guy to nap. He has one nap about an hour (occasionally 1 1/2 hrs) in the mornning. Then he has two, on the rare occasion three, 15-30 minute max naps the rest of the day. (he will be 5 months the end of the month). All of these he sleeps in my lap. If I put him down, he wakes up and there is no going back to sleeping. It's not a big deal. Doesn't bother me really. It just makes it hard to work from home during the day. Typing one handed is sloooooow. haha.

TIA
  2. Thread Killer
    Thread Killer
    I usually napped when they did LOL
    But if I couldn't I often would lay down and nurse them to sleep and then sneak out of the bed
    Jayme
    The TaterTwins
    Boy 14, Boy 12, Boy 11, Girl 8, Girl 6 & Twin Boys 6/14/09

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I had a chair that converted down. Like in a laying position. He was near me but not on me all the time.

Most of the time i just slept with him though.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Senior Member
    Most of the time Trent would sleep in my lap/arms. It caused me to stop and relax for a little bit. If I needed to get things done, I would lay in our bed, nurse him to sleep and SLOWLY roll out of the bed. With him use to sleeping in our bed, he never rolled out of bed at that age.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    usu dd napped on me. however though she also napped in our bed sometimes too
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We do both, nap together or apart. But we also are full on co sleepers, she starts off in her bed and when she gets up to nurse she stays in ours.
  7. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    When Sy was younger I would nap with him. But as he got older he would nap in the pack and play in the living room or in the sling while I did laundry or dishes or watching tv.

8. X
    X
    I used to nap with her since I nursed her down for her nap. Now though she'll go down on the bed while I lay with her ...ok and I STILL nap with her
  9. Senior Member
    We always nap together. Well I say together, she starts out with me, when she falls odd I put her in her crib next to the bed, but we hold hands through the bars. That's a must.
    *** Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes. ***
    *** Women's Rule of Thumb: If it has tires or testicles, you're going to have trouble with it! ***
    *** My husband bought me a mood ring the other day. When I'm in a good mood
    it turns green. When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a red mark on his forehead. ***

Never go to bed mad, stay up and fight it out.
    ---------------------------------------------
    A half truth is still a whole lie.
  10. Senior Member
    I wish I woud have taken a nap with her but I do daycare so I had kids to watch. She starts out in my lap and then once she is sound asleep I put her in her crib.