Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How Often...

1. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2

How Often...

Advertisements
    How often did you baby nurse once they started on solid foods? How long did they nurse each time? Trevor has started eating "real" food because he was so beyond ready and it really has made him a much more agreeable little guy... I am just wondering how often he should be nursing! TIA!
    This is my shrine to Bryanna... she rocks!!
  2. Senior Member

ummm, i'd say atleast 28 ounces worth. that's what the doc said to give him...and when he drank expressed breastmilk from the bottle at daycare, he would drink like 6-8 ounces at a time. and i'd nurse him three times besides then...so he was "nursing" or drinking breastmilk, in other words, about 5 or 6 times a day. he was also drinking water. he'd nurse for about 10 or 15 min. not long...he never nursed for long amounts of time. he was a vigorous sucker. haha.
  3. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2
    Good to know... Trev is a pretty speedy nurser too...
  4. Senior Member
    At his age he still needs to nurse before solids. Let him nurse as much as he usually does and then offer the food to him. We did not do cereal or really baby food. We went into "adult" food which was around 7-8 months and he still nursed before meals til he was close to a year old.
  5. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2
    I do let him nurse as much as he wants.. I was just wondering what the average was.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    i used to let A nurse before a meal and if he was still hungry I'd start more foods. As he got older he got 3 meals and nursed when he chose to. In my mind I let him lead of when he wanted food and when he wanted to nurse. It worked great for us
    I am down 10lbs in 6 days!!! PM me if you want to try your very own FREE sample!!!!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I always just let him nurse on demand. We would alternate between nursing and solids.

I don't know.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz