Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else do the combo?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Anyone else do the combo?

Advertisements
    I know with multiples it will be give and take, lots of compromise...so I decided to start straight out of the gate. They will be both bf and ff. Cloth diapers at home and disposable when we're out. One in a sling and one in a stroller, alternating them.

It just seems to be the simplest, least fussy way to go about things...and at least in my mind, I am content with these decisions.

Anyone else do something similar with their kid(s)?
  2. Photographer in Southern CA
    Photographer in Southern CA
    Blog Entries

i babysit for a women (started when twins were 1 month) and she would nurse one and bottle feed the other, then switch each feeding. It seemed to work so they could both be on the same schedule. Then the fussy one who had more problems at birth was in the sling a lot and the oher in the bouncy or swing.
  3. Senior Member
    I do bf and ff mainly b/c I cannot just bf due to not producing enough.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Well I obviously don't have twins but I've done it all between my four We've solely formula fed, solely breastfed, breastfed and supplemented formula, I've worn them in slings, worn them in back and front packs, used a stroller, haven't cloth diapered but I totally would have if I would have found out more about it earlier (by the time chase came along I figured I might as well just do disp since he's our last). I don't parent by any certain method or books. I just do whatever seems to best for me and the kids
  5. Put the alphabet in order...
    Put the alphabet in order...
    You do what's best for you Loretta. With my first, he was early, didn't get to nurse right off the bat, the nurse who helped me pump the first time, had the pump set to turbo, and messed up my nipples really bad, so we had to supplement with formula. I can understand wanting to do sposies out of the house, especially with twins. You don't have to be 100% AP, I know I'm not.
  6. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

whatever works for ya hun
  7. Senior Member
    I agree, you'll have to figure out what works best for you.
    We're cloth diapering, but using disposables when we're out, especially for long periods of time. I just can't bring myself to carry a poopy diaper around all day and then... have to open it to clean it when I get home!!!!!
  8. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by *tina* View Post
    You do what's best for you Loretta. With my first, he was early, didn't get to nurse right off the bat, the nurse who helped me pump the first time, had the pump set to turbo, and messed up my nipples really bad, so we had to supplement with formula. I can understand wanting to do sposies out of the house, especially with twins. You don't have to be 100% AP, I know I'm not.

AP isn't about using cloth... or about BFing... or baby wearing... it's about child-lead parenting. I think people get too mixed up in that BFing is AP or the CDing is AP... but really it's about doing what's best for your child based on their needs and cues.
  9. Senior Member
    That sounds like a good idea. Just do whatever is best for your family.
  10. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I carry and push Nadia, but untill she is 4 mths she will be solely bf. I did cloth and disposable with ODS and once we move next week I will be doing it with DD too. I can understand where you are comming from wanting to do both. It is going to be a lot of work for you with the twins and Liam as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast