Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me see the light!

1. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Screwy Help me see the light!

Advertisements
    Ok girls. I know a lot of you gals are really on the bandwagon for BF. And i'll be honest, I really find the whole idea kind of weird. I know that sounds so crazy since it is the most natural thing. But it just seems odd to me, and if it were up to me and i didn't worry about the little one i'd say hello bottles!

BUT

I know it is best for your baby and I want you to tell me why you think so? Besides the antibodies and all the nutrients. I'm really interested. And did you ever use both breast milk and formula?

Thanks ladies. I appreciate it.

2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Other than the reasons that you mention, I would have to add the convenience of BF'ing. No one has to get up and make a bottle! (If the baby sleeps in their own room, someone would still have to get up and get the baby, obviously) It's so much easier for you or dh to go back to sleep after or during the feeding. I loved BF'ing.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Bex
    Banned
    Banned

I'm sorry... just google "benefits of breastfeeding."

However, ultimately it will be a decision that YOU will make based on what's best for your family.

That being said, though... Don't knock it before you try it
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    easier to get back to sleep
    no heating, washing, etc--at least not as much
    the bonding is amazing between me and dd
    much quicker to just run out of the house, no making sure there are bottles that are clean, etc (i keep a diaper bag stocked at all times so i can just pick up and go)
  5. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post

I'm sorry... just google "benefits of breastfeeding."
    I realize there is a lot of info and i know the health reasons. i just wanted first hand stories of why everyone loves it so much.

6. Senior Member
    Besides all the reasons mentioned..its free!
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    yup it's the cheapest way to feed your infant
  8. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    does it really help you lose THAT much weight?

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Marie View Post
    does it really help you lose THAT much weight?
    That varies person to person. Some swear by it. Personally I did lose all the baby weight by BF-ing, so yeah it worked for me.

As far as why I did it, I was motivated because my babies thrived while nursing. They grew quickly and they were healthy. Not to mention, they looked so content, so safe in my arms as they nursed themselves to sleep each day. Since it worked for them, it worked for me. They did get bottles offered by their dad and grandparents (both pumped and later formula). But I enjoyed the sole experience of nursing them. It seemed a privilege to fill such a unique need. YMMV
  10. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

I'm someone who formula fed my first 3 boys. I always wanted to BF, but some some reason I just couldn't bring myself to do it. This time I was SET on doing it. It's the best decisions I ever made. My other 3 used to spit up BAD.. and it was more like they PUKED every time they ate. My 1 month old does not spit up at all being breastfed. In the middle of the night it's SO NICE not having to get up and make a bottle while listening to a screaming hungry baby. As soon as I know he's hungry, I just start to feed him. When we go out, I don't have to worry about having enough bottles. I don't have to worry about running out of formula. I am saving us a ton of money, $100 - $200/mo depending on the formula.

It took some getting used to the first couple of weeks, but it's great now. I think any mom who can, should at least TRY bf'ing and if it doesn't work out then formula feed. I wish I had BF my other 3. It would have saved a lot of hassle with allergies to the formula, massive amounts of spit up, major fussiness etc.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast