Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe how guilty I feel!

1. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Neutral I can't believe how guilty I feel!

Advertisements
    This last time Zayne needed to be fed, I knew it was time, so before I went and got him out of his swing I pumped so I could see how he did with a bottle. He did fine... ate the 3ozs that I pumped, then nursed for a few minutes after that (was still acting hungry ) I felt so guilty for giving him a bottle though! I don't plan to start giving him one regularly yet, I just wanted to see how he did... but geez, I felt like I was being mean or something

On a side note.. I LOVE the Adiri bottles, I'm so glad I went with those
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    are those the ones designed to be as much like breast feeding as possible? that come in blue and orange and white depending on the nipple?

I was wondering about those...
  3. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
    are those the ones designed to be as much like breast feeding as possible? that come in blue and orange and white depending on the nipple?

I was wondering about those...

those are it. I've heard good things about them and he did fine. Didn't struggle, gag, cry... nothing. He drank it just fine as if he was nursing. He did make a funny face at first when he started sucking on it He looked like "wait... this isn't mama"
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Its great that he did so well Sarah-He is just precious
  5. Senior Member
    I know what you mean. This first time I gave him a bottle I felt horrible. I also give him formula because he is ALWAYS hungry (will eat every hour if I solely breastfeed) and let me tell you I still feel guilty about doing that. So funny too because I didn't feel bad at all about giving my other two boys a bottle of formula.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    those are it. I've heard good things about them and he did fine. Didn't struggle, gag, cry... nothing. He drank it just fine as if he was nursing. He did make a funny face at first when he started sucking on it He looked like "wait... this isn't mama"
    haha.. well I'm glad it went well You shouldn't feel guilty... you should feel good that if necessary, other people can help you out with no problems!
  7. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by JoyS View Post
    I know what you mean. This first time I gave him a bottle I felt horrible. I also give him formula because he is ALWAYS hungry (will eat every hour if I solely breastfeed) and let me tell you I still feel guilty about doing that. So funny too because I didn't feel bad at all about giving my other two boys a bottle of formula.

I know what you mean about the other boys Same here. I don't give formula because I have enough milk, but just giving the bottle was enough to make me feel horrible
  8. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
    haha.. well I'm glad it went well You shouldn't feel guilty... you should feel good that if necessary, other people can help you out with no problems!
    That's why I tried it, I just wanted to see how he'd do in case I need to bottle feed him. I'm looking at possibly having surgery on my wrists for my carpal tunnel. it's gotten really bad and I see the doc about it in a couple of weeks. So if I need surgery I wont be able to nurse right after because of meds
  9. Senior Member
    I felt bad giving him a paci for a little while...I haven't tried the bottle yet. lol
  10. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    EHH, you'll get over it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast