Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Random let down?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Random let down?

Advertisements
    Does anyone else have their milk just randomly let down?
    With my first 2 kids I would feel it only when I was nursing and it would be on the side that I was not feeding on.

Now with Chloe I feel it when I'm not nursing and it does it about an hour after I last nursed. Its very strange.
    I'll just be sitting and both sides will get that tingling sensation and my breasts will feel very full and then it stops. I have to either try to feed her again or pump to get rid of that fullness even though I just fed her.
  2. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
    Does anyone else have their milk just randomly let down?
    With my first 2 kids I would feel it only when I was nursing and it would be on the side that I was not feeding on.

Now with Chloe I feel it when I'm not nursing and it does it about an hour after I last nursed. Its very strange.
    I'll just be sitting and both sides will get that tingling sensation and my breasts will feel very full and then it stops. I have to either try to feed her again or pump to get rid of that fullness even though I just fed her.
    by pumping ur just making it worse. thats why ur getting rando, let down. its not really random at all. u have conditioned ur boobs to be ready at that time

Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mine did that for a little while but it stopped after awhile. Good luck!!
  4. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    mine used to let down randomly as well. it was due to ellies eating schedule nevr being the same. that and the fact my pumping schedule was diff than her feeding schedule
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    mine used to let down randomly as well. it was due to ellies eating schedule nevr being the same. that and the fact my pumping schedule was diff than her feeding schedule
    I had that issue with Liam. I was pumping all the time trying to make my boobs look even so I could work. Totally my fault there.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I haven't pumped but I still get random let down all the time. I think mine is b/c he's not even two weeks old yet. So, his eating schedule is far from normal. I just nurse on demand which is anywhere from 1 hour to 3 hours. Our boobs are probably just confused right now
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    I haven't pumped but I still get random let down all the time. I think mine is b/c he's not even two weeks old yet. So, his eating schedule is far from normal. I just nurse on demand which is anywhere from 1 hour to 3 hours. Our boobs are probably just confused right now
    Yeah I'm nursing on demand right now so we have no set schedule. One day she'll want to eat every hour and others every 2-4.
    If I dont feed or pump after that random letdown I start leaking and I kinda have no choice to pump or feed at that point LOL
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, a few nights ago I attempted to go braless at night b/c I hadn't been engorged in a few days and I thought my boobs were regulated enough. Umm, not a good idea I woke up literally SOAKED, bed soaked, everything soaked...

I can't even just wear a bra, I have to have the breast pads in there also or I soak right through my bra