Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often

1. Senior Member

Help How often

Advertisements
    Is your baby eating?

During the day Cristian eats about every 2.5-3 hours but last night he slept for almost 5.5 hours without waking up to eat. It was the first time he did this. I'm a little nervous because I was told to offer him the breast at least every 2 hours even if I have to wake him up. Is that only when they are brand new or should I still do that?
  2. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

When I took Zayne to the pedi when he was 11 days old they told me that evey 3 - 4 hours is fine and we could let him sleep up to 5 hours at night if he was asleep. She said no longer than 5 hours though until he is 12 lbs.

Zayne eats every 2 - 4 hours on average. It's usually more like every 3 - 4 though. The only time he only goes 2 hours is if he had a short feeding.
  3. Senior Member
    Ok. Well I guess I don't feel so bad then. I think his schedule has been kinda off because my parents are here and we are out and about a lot.
  4. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by instant_oatmeal View Post
    Ok. Well I guess I don't feel so bad then. I think his schedule has been kinda off because my parents are here and we are out and about a lot.
    Zayne likes to take his nice long sleep during the day and be up more at night.. I hope he switches soon
  5. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    My doctor always said... let sleeping babies sleep. Even if that means they are sleeping through the night.

E used to snack. She'd eat 3-5 minutes every 45 minutes or so.. for the first month of her life. She started sleeping through the night a month ago. LOL But anyway... depending on the quality of your breastmilk, they can be sustained for longer. As long as during the daytime, he's getting his wet/poopy diapers and is gaining weight, don't worry about waking him

You're doing a great job.

PS: Mailing the pump tomorrow
  6. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    My doctor always said... let sleeping babies sleep. Even if that means they are sleeping through the night.

E used to snack. She'd eat 3-5 minutes every 45 minutes or so.. for the first month of her life. She started sleeping through the night a month ago. LOL But anyway... depending on the quality of your breastmilk, they can be sustained for longer. As long as during the daytime, he's getting his wet/poopy diapers and is gaining weight, don't worry about waking him

You're doing a great job.

PS: Mailing the pump tomorrow
    Good Lord.. wet/poopy diapers. Zayne... That kid poops A LOT. So much for BF babies pooping less huh?!
  7. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    oh no... E pooped like 3-4 times a day in the beginning. Until she was about 8 weeks old. She STILL poops at least twice a day now LOL
  8. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

oh no... E pooped like 3-4 times a day in the beginning. Until she was about 8 weeks old. She STILL poops at least twice a day now LOL
    Almost every diaper of Zayne's I change is soaked and pooped He is obviously getting bigger so I guess he's getting plenty to eat
  9. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    Yah, I don't miss the blowout yellow poopy diapers that stain everything LOL
  10. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Yah, I don't miss the blowout yellow poopy diapers that stain everything LOL
    I've been really lucky. The diapers we're using have been awesome. he's only had 1 blowout
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast