Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Child lead weaning...

1. Senior Member

Question Child lead weaning...

Advertisements
    For those of you who have done it, did you do anything special to encourage your child to wean? My son just turned 2 in August and, honestly, I am really tired (literally) of nursing him. I only nurse him at nap time and bed time ( unless he comes up and says " please nurse " in the sweet little voice of his ) but he has outsmarted me. He loves nursing so much that he will wake up ALL night long to nurse since he only gets it once during the day He wakes up more now than when he was nursing exclusively I don't know what to do since my daughter only nursed for a couple of months
  2. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    when he wakes up, perhaps just cuddle with him and offer a sippy of water? at two id worry about the effect of leaving the milk on his teeth all night....kindalike if he were taking a bottle of milk to bed. ellie is down to once a day at 12 momths and thats right when she gets up...its more so i can sleep though lol way to go for making it to two years
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    when he wakes up, perhaps just cuddle with him and offer a sippy of water? at two id worry about the effect of leaving the milk on his teeth all night....kindalike if he were taking a bottle of milk to bed. ellie is down to once a day at 12 momths and thats right when she gets up...its more so i can sleep though lol way to go for making it to two years
    He had his first dentist appointment on Tuesday and that is also one of the reasons I need for him to wean Thankfully, he does not have any cavities or decay but they were surprised that he didn't. They said to make sure he swallows all of the milk after he nurses but it would still be best to wean him I have tried to just cuddle with him but as his screaming gets louder I usually end up giving in to him just to keep him from waking up the whole house. I think it's time for him to start sleeping in his own bed as well.
  4. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    ya i hear you. ellie gets mad when i try to refuse herin the mornings too
  5. Senior Member
    is your DH home? Joe had to become a "full-time" parent at night because Trent knew he could not get anything from Daddy. It was hard because I knew what he wanted but we stood our ground and it only lasted a few nights.