Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: More on my self doubt thred..and mini pill?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

More on my self doubt thred..and mini pill?

Advertisements
    I didnt want this to get lost in there so I made a new thread. I am having a period if thats what you could call this... I read that some women notice a decrese in supply during the days prior to their period and once the hormons regulate it goes back to normal so I am thinking that is what is going on as of lately. She was sleeping about 4-5.5 hours at night without getting up to eat and then when I started getting cramps and such she quit.

Now on to my second ? I am on the mini pill and like I said I am having a period somewhat. Its mainly spotting and I dont even need to use anything...is this actually it or am I just spotting. I had one normal one last month and this would be about the time I would be having another one. Were you regular on it or did your periods change. I know a lot of it could be from the BFing but I dont want to turn into a POAS aholic because I am worried about not having one ya know?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    the mini pill can decrease your supply (one of the reasons i refused it among others). i don't know what periods are supposed to be like on it though. i would talk to your dr. if you are nervous about it or concerned
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    the mini pill can decrease your supply (one of the reasons i refused it among others). i don't know what periods are supposed to be like on it though. i would talk to your dr. if you are nervous about it or concerned
    See I was told the mini pill was totally safe for your supply when BFing.
  4. Senior Member
    I am not on the mini pill ,but I am breastfeeding and I have spotting. I was wondering if that was normal.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2123wife View Post
    See I was told the mini pill was totally safe for your supply when BFing.
    it has risks like all forms of hormonal bc. the mini pill's progestin can cause your body to freak out so to speak. if you are in the first 56 days postpartum generally consider any spotting to be non menstruation provided you are not using pacifiers or supplements including bottles of BM
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Well I am past the 56 days and I do use a pacifier..Thanks for the input.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    no problem. i would honestly check with your doctor though to ensure that it is either just breakthrough bleeding or an actual period.