Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: for those that are nursing past 12 months

1. Bex
    Banned
    Banned

for those that are nursing past 12 months

Advertisements
    how many times a day does your child ask to nurse? do u offer a cup first?
  2. Senior Member
    Is it possible that Trent has suck the memories out me, because I can not remember?!?!!?

I think we were just getting in the groove of 3 meals a day so I would offer a cup with his meal but still made sure BM was a big part of his day. I know I would nurse him to sleep with his nap and at night. We were still nursing in the middle of the night and when he woke up in the mornings. So that is 4-5 times day not including random pit stops he would make through out the day.

*What to add that when he nursed at this age it was maybe for 10 minutes or so. Nothing like when he was a newborn*
  3. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    wow! that's great the only time that ellie has wanted to nurse consistently for the last month is when she wakes up. and only if she wants to go back to sleep. if she asks to nurse other times, i let her but she rarely does now
  4. Senior Member
    Aidan prefers to nurse to sleep and at first waking up...but I always offer the breast first, before handing him the cup..I can be heard whispering, "Aidan do you want nursie or cuppie?" he will tell me what he wants.
  5. HMCS Wife
    HMCS Wife
    Reilly still doesn't take a cup much and never has a bottle so he still BF's a lot I am not sure if he will ever stop
  6. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    we still nurse the mornings....naps....right at bedtime, and sometimes in the middle of the night still. She wants to every once in awhile during the day when her teeth are cutting or she just needs extra comfort.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    wow! that's great the only time that ellie has wanted to nurse consistently for the last month is when she wakes up. and only if she wants to go back to sleep. if she asks to nurse other times, i let her but she rarely does now
    Sounds very similar to what Miss K is doing. She will nurse in the morning after getting up and then it varies throughout the rest of the day
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.