Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Crunchy mommas I need your help.

1. Regular Member

Crunchy mommas I need your help.

Advertisements
    My kids have had very few immunizations DS had everything up to 18months and dd only had one @ 6 weeks.

I need to get my son into some kind of Head Start program and I am sure they will require him to have his vax record UTD. I am not against getting them done at all, just would rather him get less per visit. In a way I think I have messed that up for DS, maybe not, but I will see once I talk to the ped RN tomorrow.

My question is have you been able to get the ped clinic on base to sign a waiver for you with out a huge hassle?

I am going to ask her if she would sign on for me if I promise to start on a plan to get them UTD......well at least the one child that is going to be heading to school.

So any input you have, or experence you have would be much appreciated.

*****This isn't up for debate either, so please if you have nothing that can help me with my situation, I would prefer you just not post please What is done is done and has been done with the best intentions for my children in mind thank you.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
    My kids have had very few immunizations DS had everything up to 18months and dd only had one @ 6 weeks.

I need to get my son into some kind of Head Start program and I am sure they will require him to have his vax record UTD. I am not against getting them done at all, just would rather him get less per visit. In a way I think I have messed that up for DS, maybe not, but I will see once I talk to the ped RN tomorrow.

My question is have you been able to get the ped clinic on base to sign a waiver for you with out a huge hassle?

I am going to ask her if she would sign on for me if I promise to start on a plan to get them UTD......well at least the one child that is going to be heading to school.

So any input you have, or experence you have would be much appreciated.

*****This isn't up for debate either, so please if you have nothing that can help me with my situation, I would prefer you just not post please What is done is done and has been done with the best intentions for my children in mind thank you.

I think you could probably just go in and have them done. The ones that required to be given more than once he will probably have to start over?? I don't know. Honestly, all my kids get their shots when they are due so I have never had this issue. But I don't see why they would give you a problem getting them, even late?!
    A heart truly in love never loses hope, but always believes in the promise of love, no matter how long the time and how far the distance
  3. Senior Member
    Where do you live? Most states you dont need the doctors "permission". In GA and KY all I had to do was sign a waiver that I printed off the net and had it noterized (sp?) and gave it to the daycare. I had one doctor say that he would refuse to sign anything and I told him that I did not need him to sign anything. Big Fat Jerk!!!

Just Google your your state names with immuzations waiver at the end of it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

OH my waivers were religious waivers!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    My DD has far from being UTD with her shots. I signed a waiver at school for her. She is in 1st grade & has had a waiver since she was in preschool. I do have a waiver from our old doc but the schools never looked at it.

If you are against the shots, there is no need for you to get them UTD just because the child will be going to school. However if you want him to have them, then of course go ahead.
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    There is only one state (Mississippi?) where you need a doctor to sign a waiver because they only take medical exemptions. Every other state you can sign your own (religious only in some, religious or philisophical in others) waivers.
    Aubrey

RIP Jeremy 3/17/78 - 1/16/09
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Last edited by Sophie♥Hatter; 08-26-2008 at 04:45 PM. Reason: the links were bad