Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: breastfeeding question!?!?!?!

1. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!

Question breastfeeding question!?!?!?!

Advertisements
    i'm in a toss up on whether or not to breastfeed. what if you drink or smoke...thats a no no while breastfeeding right. i know i should know this, but i don't. but i know i am eager to have some vodka and cranberry!!! and i like to smoke to when i drink. soooo yeah, idk.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    you can always pump and dump but early on you wouldn't be able to do that because baby typically feeds every 2-4 hours. And it takes 8 hours of pump and dumping to get the alcohol out of your system... someone please correct me, its been about 3 years since i've BF

3. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    what if i smoke regularly. i dont plan on it, but i might need that vice again once baby is here and dh is still gone.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Its not that bad I mean, If you can survive 9 months with ou a drink and a smoke, how hard would it be to wait a couple more months? I mean, you can drink, just pump ahead or use a formula for a feeding. I breastfed for 10 months, I had the occasional beer or night out with friends. But I also supplemented with formula when breastfeeding was out of the question (in the car, etc.) You'll be fine. Think about your baby, your giving her/him he best care now by abstaining from nicotine and alchohol, and you'll be giving her a great head start by breatfeeding
  5. Senior Member
    http://www.netwellness.org/question.cfm/25678.htm

This might help anwser your question.
  6. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by amazinggrace View Post
    http://www.netwellness.org/question.cfm/25678.htm

This might help anwser your question.
    thanks!!! that was actually really great info!!! i'm going to try not to smoke! but good to know i can do both if i happen to smoke a little here and there!
  7. Senior Member
    no problem.
  8. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    The dr told me that it is more beneficial to smoke and bf then to not bf at all.

also, an ounce of alcohol is out of your system in an hour. So if you want to have a drink, you can saftely breast feed a couple hours later, depending on the amount of alcohol.

When I bf in the past, I would pump in between feedings to have some extra for the night, and then pump after I drank and dump it.
  9. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    I dunno but I think it's weird that you'd put drinking/smoking as a primary reason for not wanting to BF.

You've not had a drink or smoked for 9 months before the baby is born... why jump right in with overindulging?

JMO.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsfaller View Post
    i'm in a toss up on whether or not to breastfeed. what if you drink or smoke...thats a no no while breastfeeding right. i know i should know this, but i don't. but i know i am eager to have some vodka and cranberry!!! and i like to smoke to when i drink. soooo yeah, idk.
    i'll have 1 rum and coke or 1 mike's hard lemonade and still nurse. i usually only drink though after i have nursed dd very well. smoking can diminish your milk supply since it constricts vessels
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast