Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Just hit 4 months

1. Senior Member
    Fort Lewis, staying in MI until the baby comes

Just hit 4 months

Advertisements
    So my little girl is 4 months and she has only had one bottle in the hospital (because a nurse thought that was okay). I have been having such a HARD time this last week with the BFing. The other night she literally would not get off of me for 3 hours. She would take a ten minute break and scream to get back on..... I have a feeling it must be a growth spurt but even before this she was eating about every 1-2 hrs!! She REFUSES to eat on both sides. She is fast, I'll give her that, but when you have to go in the other room to feed like that.... I just feel absolutely exhausted!! The thing is I am to the point of just switching to a bottle but she refuses to have THAT in her mouth. Its so very offensive to her LOL She won't even take a pacifier.

When does it get easier????? OOOO and my husband has yet to calm a single tear from this child (I really do love her to bits) because he says well I can't feed her you take her!!

I guess I just need some encouragement
  2. Senior Member
    first of all Congrats!!! 4 months is such a great milestone

As for spending 26 hours on the boob, yeah it does sound like a growth spurt and the only way of getting through it is well.................getting through it! Remember that it wont last forever and try to enjoy this time of not having to clean.
  3. Senior Member
    Fort Lewis, staying in MI until the baby comes
    well that makes me feel better. I thought maybe something was going on. I have another question.. When do the feedings start to become less frequent??