Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Peanut Shell or Hot Sling

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Peanut Shell or Hot Sling

Advertisements
    I cant decide. Im told the PS is more stretchy then the HS. Also according to the sites siz charts with the HS I would need a 4 and a PS I would need a M but I am afraid of getting the wrong size you know?
  2. Senior Member
    I had a Hotsling and really liked it, but I have heard the same thing about PS, that they're a lot stretchier. Check Peanut Shell's website, I know with Hotsling if you get it and it doesn't fit properly you can return it and they'll send you a different size.

ETA: They sell Hotslings in some Target stores now, so if you have one you might check and see. Good luck!
  3. Sesa Wo Suban
    Sesa Wo Suban
    I have never had a Peanut Shell but I have had a Hotsling and I loved it. Although I highly recommend buying a ringsling. I have a WAHM made one and it is so much better than a pouch. I felt like only a newborn fit in the pouch. I can still put my 20 month old DS in my ring sling. I also have a Mei Tai (also WAHM made) that I love to carry my toddler in. Haven't tried my newborn yet.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineWife0929 View Post
    I have never had a Peanut Shell but I have had a Hotsling and I loved it. Although I highly recommend buying a ringsling. I have a WAHM made one and it is so much better than a pouch. I felt like only a newborn fit in the pouch. I can still put my 20 month old DS in my ring sling. I also have a Mei Tai (also WAHM made) that I love to carry my toddler in. Haven't tried my newborn yet.
    I agree about the ring sling. Perfect fit every time since you can adjust it to your needs. I never got into pouches. I adore ring slings for young infants and mei tais for older babies.
    Aubrey

RIP Jeremy 3/17/78 - 1/16/09
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I forgot to mention that I already have a ring sling but dont like it for her age. Its a PITA to try and get her in it and no matter how many videos I watch I cannot use it very well. As for the sizing,I know this is my own fault but I am going to get it off ebay cause its about half the price then the stores. For the HS I know I need a size 4 according to their site and I am "thinking" that I need a L for the PS but I also fit in the M catagory.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    i have back problems and I got a peanut shell and i absolutely LOVED it. I am ordering another for my 18 month old. She likes me to tote her around and I cant but with the peanut shell it enables me to do it without feeling the weight on my back! I used my microfleece peanut shell from birth- 12 months. When she got older I could put her in different positions. I sold it just to get a new one with a different fabric.
  7. X
    X
    Peanut Shell!
  8. Put the alphabet in order...
    Put the alphabet in order...
    I have two HS. I LOVE them.
  9. Finally Happy <3
    Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    I love my Hotsling!
    Gearing up for deployment #2