Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Big step

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Big step

Advertisements
    This morning Darian came up to me and told me he is ready to sleep in his own bed. I asked him if he was sure and he said yes he is sure. So I told him I was very proud of him for being such a big boy and being ready to sleep all alone. He replied "I am almost six now, I HAD to do it" with a big smile on his face.

SO no more co-sleeping for me all my birds are out of THAT nest!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Awww!! That is so awesome! What a big little man
  3. casper77
    Good for him...tell him I am proud of him
  4. Banned
    Banned
    What a big boy! You're going to be lonelier than he is
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Aww what a sweet little guy!! Hope the transition is ok
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by MIKOSWIFEY View Post
    What a big boy! You're going to be lonelier than he is
    I know I expected him to change his mind when it came to bed time. Nope I explained that we would have to have our cuddle & chat in the living room (we always cuddle and chat when I put him to bed to wind him down) so we don't wake up his brother (they share a room). He was fine with it and then when I carried him to bed I thought any minute he will say ok I don't want to. Tucked him in checked on him a half hour later and he was out.

He slept the whole night and didn't even wake up when Jacob woke up (around 4 am) because his leg was stuck through the crib slat. Jacob was calling Momma I 'tuck I 'tuck! THEN this morning when he woke up he was MAKING his own bed when I went in to see what he was doing. He kept saying he is a big boy now and thats what big boys do.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    I know I expected him to change his mind when it came to bed time. Nope I explained that we would have to have our cuddle & chat in the living room (we always cuddle and chat when I put him to bed to wind him down) so we don't wake up his brother (they share a room). He was fine with it and then when I carried him to bed I thought any minute he will say ok I don't want to. Tucked him in checked on him a half hour later and he was out.

He slept the whole night and didn't even wake up when Jacob woke up (around 4 am) because his leg was stuck through the crib slat. Jacob was calling Momma I 'tuck I 'tuck! THEN this morning when he woke up he was MAKING his own bed when I went in to see what he was doing. He kept saying he is a big boy now and thats what big boys do.
    He is such a big boy I love your idea of having one on one time with the cuddle and chat! That is a great tool for making the older sibling feel special.

LOL @ Jacob!! That is heartbreakingly adorable! It makes me want to hug Tandy.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    That is so awesome!!
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz