Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BFing in Public

1. Senior Member

BFing in Public

Advertisements
    The thread about that ignorant baby pr0n person made me want to do some research on breastfeeding in public.
    I went to the LLLI website and started to read up on laws and what not.

And now... I'm kind of frightened! I've fought so hard throughout my pregnancy to have a natural birth (which is what I feel is best for my baby) and I'm all fought out! I don't think I have any fight left.
    At first I was so excited to breastfeed and I didn't care who thought it was "indecent" to do it in public. Darnit, if my baby is hungry, he'll get to eat!
    But now, after reading about some women's experiences... I don't know if I can do it.
    I was really against covering my baby while feeding, but now I don't know. I hate to give in to the ignorant screwy ideals of our society, but I don't know if I have the fight left in me to deal with it.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I honestly have never seen a problem with women breastfeeding in public. It shames me that our society looks at something natural and nurturing as something disgusting. It's a breast and they need to get over it and stop sexualizing everything.
    ★RagaBabe Cloth Diapers Grand Opening www.ragababe.com
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I am soo not the person to comment on this. I once pulled my boob out at someone and yelled "THIS is a boob. You can stop staring now!" which was of course, totally inappropriate. There is a civil and respectable way to deal with ignorant people...I just was not very good at it back then.

I feel the same as you, though...I don't know how I will deal with it this time around. It's one of those things you have to develop thick skin for, I think.
  4. X
    X
    It didn't bother me honestly. If people have a problem with it, that's just it, it's THEIR problem. If Zoe was hungry I wasn't going to let her cry out in hunger, I was going to feed her when ever where ever.
  5. Put the alphabet in order...
    Put the alphabet in order...
    I used a hooter hider or a blanket to cover up, but I have gigantic boobs, and it WOULD be indecent for me to not cover up Neither boy really cared for it, but I didn't like going into the family restroom with the couch in it to feed them, because, ew, it was a bathroom
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I never had issues with anyone telling me that I couldn't BF in public. The first month or so I would cover up but for MY comfort and not for anyone else's. After that I stopped using a blanket because Miss K would pull on it anyway. At first I was afraid of what people might say because of all the horror stories I ha read and heard but as I said, I never experienced any of that myself.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  7. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    i bf wherever whenever ellie is hungry. if ppl stare i ask if they would like to eat with a towel on their head
  8. andrews_wifey
    Yeah I see no problem with it...I mean come on....
  9. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2
    I see nothing wrong with breast feeding in public, covered or not, but I am not comfortable doing it without a cover. Like a PP I have gigantor boobs and have coordination issues Do whatever you feel comfortable with!!
    This is my shrine to Bryanna... she rocks!!
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I don't think I"ve ever had anyone say anything to be about nursing in public. It doesn't happen to everyone

Miranda, mama to Ricky (12), Simon (5), Charlie (2), & Kevin (9)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast