Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling All BF'ing Mom's and Those Who Have!

1. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Exclamation Calling All BF'ing Mom's and Those Who Have!

Advertisements
    Could ya'll tell me your personal experiences with BF'ing when you first started and after it was established?

I am worried I'm going to have a really hard time since i hear horror stories all of the time, but I am determined to do it unless there are major issues that prevent me from being successful.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Everett, WA Like New Jersey, only no cool mobsters or sunshine!
    I bfed both Nora and Katie.

They were superstar eaters and I have to give them all the credit for it working. It was a breeze for me.

The only issuse I had was I was hospitalized with severe pnumonia when Nora was about 4 months old and after I got out and could feed her again she didn't want to go back on the breast. It was really hard. I got her to go back on it for about half of her feedings, but not completely.
  3. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    No true horror stories... it just takes time and effort. I'm grateful that I was home with Ellie (while Z was in school) because with how much she ate, there's no way I could have kept track of Z with E on the boob 24/7. Hell, her school was closed a few days due to the fires (Back in October) and I found myself struggling to prepare food for her and read books and play with her with Ellie attached to the boob. You have to learn that you won't be able to do it all - cook, clean, breastfeed, walk the dogs, entertain all the kids, etc. Especially at first. But it takes determination to do it.

But I tried, oh I tried, to do it all. And was obviously successful, at least with the BF part. It's been the most enjoyable experience.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I breastfed Kylee within minutes of her being born, and continued breastfeeding her for almost 18 months... she latched immediately, I never had any pain, it was the easiest thing I had ever done.
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

Ask me about Congenital Heart Defects... 1 in 100, it could be your child...

Ask me about Down Syndrome... more common than you think...

Wife to a Disabled Army Veteran... been there, done that, moving on
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wife-n-mommy View Post
    I breastfed Kylee within minutes of her being born, and continued breastfeeding her for almost 18 months... she latched immediately, I never had any pain, it was the easiest thing I had ever done.
    I hope I'm the same way!!!!
  6. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wife-n-mommy View Post

I had that experience with Ellie too. It has been very easy, though very time consuiming. That being said, i wouldn't trade it for anything.
  7. X
    X
    I thankfully had no problems what so ever. Zoe was latched and eating within a few minutes of being born. I didn't have the soreness, clogged ducts, mastisis etc. I fed her when she was hungry and she made her own eating sched. She self weaned a couple of weeks after her first birthday.

I've been worrying about how BFing will go with DD2, I can only hope it goes as well as it did with Zoe!
  8. X
    X
    Wanted to add, I only pumped a handful of times. It was way too much work for me. Getting the pump out, cleaning the parts, cleaning bottles ... no thanks. She got her milk straight from the tap
  9. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

So long as you can get a good suction, you'll be fine. Lanoin is my best friend while BFing

10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    The first couple days we had NO problems. She latched on perfectly and it was very easy. After day 3 or so she somehow 'forgot' how to do it correctly and it was very painful. So for about a week I would supplement with formula for a total of maybe 5 times (I had free samples) and I pumped a lot. Even though it was painful I still bf a few times a day. Once I was healed fully I started BF full time again. We were lucky to have no problem switching from bottles back to bf only. And here we are almost 21 months later and still bf.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast