Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: guilt

  1. Bex
    Banned
    Bex's Avatar
    Bex is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    san diego, ca
    Posts
    30,189
    #1

    guilt

    Advertisements
    Ellie turns 1 next month, on the 28th. All this time I'd thought I'd be more open to child lead weaning. However, as we approach her 1st birthday, I find myself wanting my boobs back, wanting to go back on hormonal birth control, wanting to be able to really kick into high gear with the weight loss (I have a very sensitive supply when I don't eat enough and a verrry slow metabolism, that has been even slower since having Ellie) HOWEVER, I KNOW that I'm going to miss the nursing relationship. So I'm very torn between reclaiming my boobs, or rather, letting the hubby reclaim them... and the special and amazing bond that I have with Ellie.

  2. Account Closed
    Sophie♥Hatter's Avatar
    Sophie♥Hatter is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    25,685
    #2
    Like I said in the other thread you have given her a wonderful year of breastfeeding. If you are ready to stop then you are ready to stop. There is nothing wrong with that and nothing to feel guilty about either.

    I will say though that it does not have to be either or, my husband can touch my breasts and I am ok with it. Breasts are multifunctional. I know other women might not be as comfortable though. It is all about what YOU are comfortable with and if you are ready to close up shop then do it and please don't feel guilty over it. (((HUGS)))
  3. Senior Member
    flowerchild's Avatar
    flowerchild is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,752
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    Ellie turns 1 next month, on the 28th. All this time I'd thought I'd be more open to child lead weaning. However, as we approach her 1st birthday, I find myself wanting my boobs back, wanting to go back on hormonal birth control, wanting to be able to really kick into high gear with the weight loss (I have a very sensitive supply when I don't eat enough and a verrry slow metabolism, that has been even slower since having Ellie) HOWEVER, I KNOW that I'm going to miss the nursing relationship. So I'm very torn between reclaiming my boobs, or rather, letting the hubby reclaim them... and the special and amazing bond that I have with Ellie.

    Making it to the 1 year mark is something to be proud of!!
    Only you know what's best for your family. I'm sure you'll make the right decision.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Shania7337's Avatar
    Shania7337 is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    29,609

    #4
    I agree. one year is an amazing thing...and you know what's best for your family as a whole.
  5. Bex
    Banned
    Bex's Avatar
    Bex is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    san diego, ca
    Posts
    30,189
    #5
    It's more a thign with me... When my boobs are naked, they leak. To me, that's so unsexy. J doesn't seem to mind, but I dunno. I feel like they have a purpose and have a hard time crossing between the sexual and the functional aspects, if that makes sense.

    I think I'm going to slowly taper off... maybe keep it to a before bed thing for a month of so, and then go on the BC... I guess time will tell, right?

    Thanks for the support, ladies
  6. Account Closed
    Sophie♥Hatter's Avatar
    Sophie♥Hatter is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    25,685
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    It's more a thign with me... When my boobs are naked, they leak. To me, that's so unsexy. J doesn't seem to mind, but I dunno. I feel like they have a purpose and have a hard time crossing between the sexual and the functional aspects, if that makes sense.

    I think I'm going to slowly taper off... maybe keep it to a before bed thing for a month of so, and then go on the BC... I guess time will tell, right?

    Thanks for the support, ladies
    I don't leak anymore when I did leak I felt the same way though.
  7. Senior Member
    Jill's Avatar
    Jill is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    6,092
    #7
    I thought you could take the mini-pill while breastfeeding?
  8. Senior Member
    mary79's Avatar
    mary79 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,146
    #8
    You are an amazing mom ! 1 year is a big accomplishment. I can imagine it would be really hard to just stop once she has turned 1.
  9. Bex
    Banned
    Bex's Avatar
    Bex is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    san diego, ca
    Posts
    30,189
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    I thought you could take the mini-pill while breastfeeding?
    I want to go back on Seasonale. I've had too many friends get pregnant on the mini-pill, or Yaz, or what have you. I'd think that Seasonale has too much hormone.

    I'll look into it further.
  10. Senior Member
    Callie's Avatar
    Callie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Dededo, Guam
    Posts
    10,127
    Blog Entries
    1
    #10
    I really don't have any good advice, but I do want to say that making it to the one year mark is wonderful!!!! I would just say that you should do whatever you feel that is best for you. You could still do the just before bed feeding. The guilt is hard to overcome, it was for me, and I only truly breastfeed for about two weeks. (Ava couldn't latch properly because of her frenulum and my supply was super low) and I pumped for a little bit, but I felt guilty bad because I had envisioned BFing my baby and I couldn't. Good luck!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •