Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: guilt

1. Bex
    Banned
    Banned

guilt

Advertisements
    Ellie turns 1 next month, on the 28th. All this time I'd thought I'd be more open to child lead weaning. However, as we approach her 1st birthday, I find myself wanting my boobs back, wanting to go back on hormonal birth control, wanting to be able to really kick into high gear with the weight loss (I have a very sensitive supply when I don't eat enough and a verrry slow metabolism, that has been even slower since having Ellie) HOWEVER, I KNOW that I'm going to miss the nursing relationship. So I'm very torn between reclaiming my boobs, or rather, letting the hubby reclaim them... and the special and amazing bond that I have with Ellie.

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Like I said in the other thread you have given her a wonderful year of breastfeeding. If you are ready to stop then you are ready to stop. There is nothing wrong with that and nothing to feel guilty about either.

I will say though that it does not have to be either or, my husband can touch my breasts and I am ok with it. Breasts are multifunctional. I know other women might not be as comfortable though. It is all about what YOU are comfortable with and if you are ready to close up shop then do it and please don't feel guilty over it. (((HUGS)))
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    Ellie turns 1 next month, on the 28th. All this time I'd thought I'd be more open to child lead weaning. However, as we approach her 1st birthday, I find myself wanting my boobs back, wanting to go back on hormonal birth control, wanting to be able to really kick into high gear with the weight loss (I have a very sensitive supply when I don't eat enough and a verrry slow metabolism, that has been even slower since having Ellie) HOWEVER, I KNOW that I'm going to miss the nursing relationship. So I'm very torn between reclaiming my boobs, or rather, letting the hubby reclaim them... and the special and amazing bond that I have with Ellie.

Making it to the 1 year mark is something to be proud of!!
    Only you know what's best for your family. I'm sure you'll make the right decision.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I agree. one year is an amazing thing...and you know what's best for your family as a whole.
  5. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    It's more a thign with me... When my boobs are naked, they leak. To me, that's so unsexy. J doesn't seem to mind, but I dunno. I feel like they have a purpose and have a hard time crossing between the sexual and the functional aspects, if that makes sense.

I think I'm going to slowly taper off... maybe keep it to a before bed thing for a month of so, and then go on the BC... I guess time will tell, right?

Thanks for the support, ladies
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    It's more a thign with me... When my boobs are naked, they leak. To me, that's so unsexy. J doesn't seem to mind, but I dunno. I feel like they have a purpose and have a hard time crossing between the sexual and the functional aspects, if that makes sense.

I think I'm going to slowly taper off... maybe keep it to a before bed thing for a month of so, and then go on the BC... I guess time will tell, right?

Thanks for the support, ladies
    I don't leak anymore when I did leak I felt the same way though.
  7. Senior Member
    I thought you could take the mini-pill while breastfeeding?
  8. Senior Member
    You are an amazing mom ! 1 year is a big accomplishment. I can imagine it would be really hard to just stop once she has turned 1.
  9. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    I thought you could take the mini-pill while breastfeeding?
    I want to go back on Seasonale. I've had too many friends get pregnant on the mini-pill, or Yaz, or what have you. I'd think that Seasonale has too much hormone.

I'll look into it further.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I really don't have any good advice, but I do want to say that making it to the one year mark is wonderful!!!! I would just say that you should do whatever you feel that is best for you. You could still do the just before bed feeding. The guilt is hard to overcome, it was for me, and I only truly breastfeed for about two weeks. (Ava couldn't latch properly because of her frenulum and my supply was super low) and I pumped for a little bit, but I felt guilty bad because I had envisioned BFing my baby and I couldn't. Good luck!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast