Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Breastfeeding and surgery

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Breastfeeding and surgery

Advertisements
    So I have to have my gall baldder removed possibly this Friday. I am worried about breastfeeding, I am thinking about renting a hospital grade pump to get as much stored as I can before I have it. Any advice from mommys who had surgery while exclusivley breastfeeding is welcome As well as any other advice. I have a call into her ped and I will be asking the doctor who preforms the surgery tomorrow. TIA!
  2. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2
    I would get a really good pump and start pumping now and make sure you continue pumping a lot while you are in the hospital if you can't BF her while there! The most important thing is to keep your supply up.
    This is my shrine to Bryanna... she rocks!!
  3. Senior Member
    I had my tubes tied while exclusively breastfeeding. They gave me a narcotic that wouldn't pass through my breastmilk, or had no effect if it did? Can't remember. Tramadol or Toradol maybe? Not exactly sure. But they said I was fine to continue to breastfeed normally. I did already have tons of milk stored though, but it was a day surgery so I only ended up needing 3 bottles.
    Needs work.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    If this ever happens again have them check hale's for pain meds you can take while breast feeding.