Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reuseable breastpad question

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Reuseable breastpad question

Advertisements
    So this may be stupid but I am going swimming on Saturday and I am wondering if I can just use a set of my reuseable nursing pads in the water? Will it ruin them? Its not the end of the world if it does because they were not that expensive and I can get another box(6 to a box) but I wanted others opinions. Lily padz are not an option because they cost to much and its to far a drive to get them.

Also, before nursing her while I am swimming should I just wash my breast so she doesnt get chlorine?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I would say to trash them because of the chlorine. But thats me. And yes definatly rinse your breast off
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I would not trash them they are washable I would wash them a few times. Yes wipe your breast off before nursing.
  4. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    Ya know... You're wet anyway while swimming... So I've never bothered wearing them. LOL
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    Ya know... You're wet anyway while swimming... So I've never bothered wearing them. LOL
    I just didnt know if I would leak in the water

Another note...I thought they were supposed to prevent you from leaking on your clothes...I have two wet spots from letdown while DD was sleeping
  6. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    I've not had very good luck with the cloth. I don't leak that much anymore. I used to leak a lot, but after 6 months, my supply regulated better. Now I only leak through the bra/clothing like once a week. LOL

I've never worn pads in the pool though
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by 2123wife View Post
    I just didnt know if I would leak in the water

Another note...I thought they were supposed to prevent you from leaking on your clothes...I have two wet spots from letdown while DD was sleeping
    Well if you leak a lot they will leak through. I sometimes would double up back when i had to wear them. Especially at night.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    Well if you leak a lot they will leak through. I sometimes would double up back when i had to wear them. Especially at night.
    Well crap. Glad I only paid $3 for the box. The whole purpose of them was to have something for the pool if I needed them. Turns out I had them on backwards anyways Shows how well I read directions
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I would just wear a swimsuit with padding... and just wipe with baby wipes befor you feed her , or even just a wet rag. If you need extra padding, I would think the clothe nursing pads should be fine... or you can get a stick on bra (the silicone kind you would wear with a strapless backless dress) and wear that under your swimsuit, then anything you leak just kind of piles up in the silicone and you can dump it out when you are ready to feed
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

Ask me about Congenital Heart Defects... 1 in 100, it could be your child...

Ask me about Down Syndrome... more common than you think...

Wife to a Disabled Army Veteran... been there, done that, moving on
  10. Purpur
    the water is just going to rinse the pad out anyway....so i don't see the point in wearing them, personally....your milk is going to end up in the water either way.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast