Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cosleeper commiserating

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

cosleeper commiserating

Advertisements
    So lately we've got to let dd sleep with us since she doesn't exactly sleep on her own right now. It's not too bad but i'd like a few hours of really deep good sleep without worrying about her. anyone else feel this way. i enjoy waking up and seeing her next to me and being able to just shift a bit and pop the boob back in lol. Anyone else have mixed feelings
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    umm...well...I have to say that all my kids started sleeping on their own...at least 8 hours a night at around 8 weeks old. (Strange I know.)...but when they started sleeping the long stretches, I began to put them in their own beds. I missed them in bed with me, but, I must say, the rest we all got was better in the long run. It made them happier during the day with good rest...and I slept better so I was less irritable and more able to fully function.
  3. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    So lately we've got to let dd sleep with us since she doesn't exactly sleep on her own right now. It's not too bad but i'd like a few hours of really deep good sleep without worrying about her. anyone else feel this way. i enjoy waking up and seeing her next to me and being able to just shift a bit and pop the boob back in lol. Anyone else have mixed feelings
    I feel the same way sometimes. DD has a toddler bed next to ours now so I nurse her to sleep then start her off in there....but about 1ish she gets in our bed...and yeah its nice to just pop boob in and go to sleep before her...but some days I just want to move.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    she used to sleep just fine but she's working through the teething thing. she used to wake up just once around 3 or 4 am and then go back to sleep for another 4 1/2 hours or so.
  5. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    she used to sleep just fine but she's working through the teething thing. she used to wake up just once around 3 or 4 am and then go back to sleep for another 4 1/2 hours or so.
    DD is 18months and she is getting her k9 teeth right now and its been miserable.
  6. HMCS Wife
    HMCS Wife
    Reilly has been in our bed since we moved and i am sure he will stay there for awhile
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    omgosh look at mr. reilly he's so handsome
  8. X
    X
    We have a king size bed so we have no problems, we're all sprawled out across the bed and get great sleep. She doesn't wake up at all during the night.
  9. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    how about putting her into her crib (or a co-sleeper... or pack n play) next to your bed? You can still wake up & see her & keep a better eye on her (than you would if she was in her own room)

10. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    We co-slept until 7 months. Then she used to start off in her bed and I'd wake up and feed her in her chair once...but the deal was with hubby that at the 2nd time she woke up, I could bring her back to bed with us. Now she sleeps through the night just fine (and has for the last month) because I experimented with letting her self soothe. I realized that her fussing was NOT her needing anything. I was surprised that even on our trip she slept through the night and once home, she continued to do it.

When she wakes up earlier than we want to or need to, I bring her back to bed so she can nurse, but she ends up falling asleep.

I totally understand your mixed feelings, though.

How many teeth does Jennifer have now?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast