Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding past 1yr

1. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!

Breastfeeding past 1yr

Advertisements
    Who is still bf right now with there toddler? Belle is 18months and still nursing. The thing that is driving me nuts is she is a mover when she nurses...wiggling all over but not letting go...making for some painful nursing. We have gotten to the point for the most part nursing at home only so that helps.... Are your toddlers like this at all if so what did you do about it?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i will be nursing until 2 years or till dd weans which ever comes first dd is only 6 1/2 months and she's a little gymnast she puts her legs on my shoulders and whatnot. she also wrenches side to side. good luck you are seriously an amazing woman btw how'd you deal with the teeth issue
  3. X
    X
    Zoe self weaned a couple of weeks after her first birthday but she was a huge wiggle worm. She never bit down with her teeth but she'd have a foot in my rib or stick her hands all over my face I didn't really do much about it but reposition her.
  4. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    i will be nursing until 2 years or till dd weans which ever comes first dd is only 6 1/2 months and she's a little gymnast she puts her legs on my shoulders and whatnot. she also wrenches side to side. good luck you are seriously an amazing woman btw how'd you deal with the teeth issue
    Yeah 2 is my cut off too unless she does it b4 and at this rate shes not even trying to wean. SO far the teeth haven't been much of an issue...she doesn't bite down really she has an amazing suction though...lol. She does what your dd does....legs on my shoulders, sits up, looks around, I nurse on my side a lot at night and she is practically climbing over me and nursing.
  5. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph* View Post
    Zoe self weaned a couple of weeks after her first birthday but she was a huge wiggle worm. She never bit down with her teeth but she'd have a foot in my rib or stick her hands all over my face I didn't really do much about it but reposition her.
    My middle one self weaned...sometimes I wish she would now.
  6. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    anyone else?
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My son is 2 and he still nurses. He is not a wiggle worm really though He nurses in the morning when e first get up so we are laying in bed and he might switch sides a couple times, he nurses in the recliner @ night before I put him in the crib no wiggling, and he nurses when we first get home from school for like 5 minutes.

Most of his daytime nursing is for comfort. He nurses when he as at home during the day (I go to school he goes to daycare) before he takes a nap as well. He wakes up about 4am-5am and I put him in my bed with me and he nurses back to sleep. Last night and most nights he is waking up when the sun is coming up as his room is too bright. It is still early so we go lay down in my bed and he will fall back asleep until about 6am-7:30am.

I plan on nursing until he is ready to stop I think. We do "don't offer don't refuse" except for nap time & bedtime when I do offer. He is not as developmentally advanced as other two year olds so i don't want to take away something that is a huge comfort for him at this point.
  8. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    My son is 2 and he still nurses. He is not a wiggle worm really though He nurses in the morning when e first get up so we are laying in bed and he might switch sides a couple times, he nurses in the recliner @ night before I put him in the crib no wiggling, and he nurses when we first get home from school for like 5 minutes.

Most of his daytime nursing is for comfort. He nurses when he as at home during the day (I go to school he goes to daycare) before he takes a nap as well. He wakes up about 4am-5am and I put him in my bed with me and he nurses back to sleep. Last night and most nights he is waking up when the sun is coming up as his room is too bright. It is still early so we go lay down in my bed and he will fall back asleep until about 6am-7:30am.

I plan on nursing until he is ready to stop I think. We do "don't offer don't refuse" except for nap time & bedtime when I do offer. He is not as developmentally advanced as other two year olds so i don't want to take away something that is a huge comfort for him at this point.
    Interesting....I was wanting your input. Yeah Im at the point where I offer for bedtime and morning but not during the day. If she wants it I give it to her. I have noticed too that for the daytime its more comfort instead. Since DH just got back from deployment and still lives geobach I think she needs it still. Her Dr. had told me to not wean her until she was ready or the routine at home was where we are all together and such.
  9. Senior Member
    My son will be 2 next month and he is still nursing. I only nurse him at nap time and bedtime which is actually causing some problems. He will not sleep unless he nurses and he still wakes up several times a night to nurse. I am so sore from it! I keep hoping that he will self-wean but I'm thinking I may have to nudge him along a little bit. I have no idea how to start though
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    I plan on nursing until he is ready to stop I think. We do "don't offer don't refuse" except for nap time & bedtime when I do offer.
    Same here. Miss K is 20 months old and still nursing. The only constant one we have is in the morning when she first gets up. I take her back into our bedroom and we lay down. She tends to want to switch sides rather frequently. The rest of the day I bf her when she asks for it. How often that is varies.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast