Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breast pump question

1. Senior Member

Breast pump question

Advertisements
    How do you know what kind to buy? I went to the store and there are alot of different brands . Is there a brand that you prefer ? Is it alot better to have a double one than a single one ?
  2. Senior Member
    It really depends on how often you are going to use it. If you are going to be pumping a lot I would go with one of the electric pumps. If you are just going to pump every once in awhile I would go with a manual pump. I used the Avent Isis manual pump with me son and loved it! It felt more natural to me than the electric pump and I got a lot more milk out with it too. I read all of the reviews on all the pumps on Babies R Us and that helped me out quite a bit as well. Good luck on finding the "perfect" pump and congrats on your new little one!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I had the Avent Isis Manual with Kylee that I only used a few times... worked well for a manual. This time my friend who is a la leche advocate is giving me a medela electric, double pump system. the medela is very expensive, but la leche will sponsor people for them that need them because they highly recomend the medela brand. I HAVE to have an electric this time since my baby will not be able to nurse and I still want to give her breastmilk as her main source of nutrients.
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

Ask me about Congenital Heart Defects... 1 in 100, it could be your child...

Ask me about Down Syndrome... more common than you think...

Wife to a Disabled Army Veteran... been there, done that, moving on
  4. Senior Member
    I used the medela swing and LOVED it.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wife-n-mommy View Post
    I had the Avent Isis Manual with Kylee that I only used a few times... worked well for a manual. This time my friend who is a la leche advocate is giving me a medela electric, double pump system. the medela is very expensive, but la leche will sponsor people for them that need them because they highly recomend the medela brand. I HAVE to have an electric this time since my baby will not be able to nurse and I still want to give her breastmilk as her main source of nutrients.
    Yes, I used this and was very happy with it. It was pricey but the recommendation for it by my lactation expert from the hospital convinced me to try it. I had no regrets. Get the Avent manual as a back up as well as it's quite cheap. But, if you are like me and have to return to work soon after your baby is born, you need to get something powerful, fast and efficient. Medela is top of the line.
  6. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    I will PM you.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I am having this question too. I am not working but I dont like the manual I have(just the parts from the Medela Lactina) and I want to be able to pump so I can have some in the freezer for when I go out.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    medela swing is really great i love it
  9. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I have a madela the really expensive double one, I love it, it is soo easy to use, comes in a diaper bag and you can get an attachment for the car too

10. Senior Member
    Good questions. I'm gonna buy one soon and had the same thought.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast