Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What is the appeal

1. Senior Member

Question What is the appeal

Advertisements
    of wraps? I saw a mom wearing one at the library the other day. It looked like more of a PITA than anything. She was all wrapped up in the thing and it had a giant knot in the back. Her pants were falling down, her shirt was riding up. She took the baby out and couldn't get him back in. It looked like a disaster. Why would someone choose a wrap over a sling or a carrier like a baby bjorn?
  2. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    I don't get it either.. I have often wonder what happens when mommies who baby wear have chronic back issues like I have.. Sometimes even standing while holding her was really painful.. I can't imagine having that weight on me constantly. kwim??

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaMc424 View Post
    I don't get it either.. I have often wonder what happens when mommies who baby wear have chronic back issues like I have.. Sometimes even standing while holding her was really painful.. I can't imagine having that weight on me constantly. kwim??
    I don't think I'd ever wear my baby all the time but there were times when Lily was a baby and we were out it was nice to have the carrier. Like when we went to the pumpkin patch. A stroller wouldn't have worked and carrying her would have been an issue.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    I think it works better for clingy babies and women that don't have back issues.
  5. Senior Member
    If you wear a wrap correctly, they are much more comfortable than other carriers. A big plus is it keep the pressure off of baby's delicate pelvis. I loved my wrap, in fact it is the only baby thing I will not sell, just in case! They have to be worn correctly which many people DO NOT wear it right.

Thank you, BrentsCrystal! You are amazing!
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather View Post
    of wraps? I saw a mom wearing one at the library the other day. It looked like more of a PITA than anything. She was all wrapped up in the thing and it had a giant knot in the back. Her pants were falling down, her shirt was riding up. She took the baby out and couldn't get him back in. It looked like a disaster. Why would someone choose a wrap over a sling or a carrier like a baby bjorn?
    from the little info I know about them... it sounds like she is wearing/using it incorrectly.
    from what I gather... if you do it right... it shouldnt hurt and it should be easy...
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    LOL!!! I enjoyed my Ergo just fine! The wraps just confuse the heck out of me, just by looking at it.............
  8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    When worn right it is pretty comfy, i never liked a carrier because it was uber uncomfy like being pregnant again only more uncomfy. carriers are made for men they don't have boobs which is a big down side when wearing a carrier.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FC wifey View Post
    If you wear a wrap correctly, they are much more comfortable than other carriers. A big plus is it keep the pressure off of baby's delicate pelvis. I loved my wrap, in fact it is the only baby thing I will not sell, just in case! They have to be worn correctly which many people DO NOT wear it right.
    I agree I don't have any chronic back pain but my mei tai wrap was a lot more comfortable than my Baby Bjorn. I can still wear it comfortably with my 22 month old son. I have seen some women that look completely uncomfortable in them but I agree with the previous poster who said she probably wasn't using it right.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    LOL!!! I enjoyed my Ergo just fine! The wraps just confuse the heck out of me, just by looking at it.............
    I always wanted to try one of those but my hubby is too cheap