Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: co sleeping

1. yeah, well, ya know
    yeah, well, ya know

co sleeping

Advertisements
    I am wondering if my youngest son's sleeplessness is a result of us co sleeping for the past few months. We started it when we moved on base because his room wasn't ready right away and now we have found that he is a sleep walker. I try to keep him downstairs so he doesn't go falling down stairs, but he isn't sleeping at night now. Well he really only get's about 5-7 hours of sleep and that is between 7 and 12pm and then again at 5 and 10am. Just so much going on and no sleep to boot. Advise please!
  2. X
    X
    We've been co-sleeping since my DD was born (she's 14 months now) and she sleeps great! She sleeps at least 10 hours a night straight and sometimes more.

I think he might be waking because of the change and he's still getting adjusted to his new surroundings.
  3. Senior Member
    How old is he?

We co-slept from the time he came home from the hospital til his was almost 2 and never had sleeping issues like that. I agree with Steph. I am sure it is a change in the enviroment and schedule. Just be calm about it and hopefully everything will work itself out.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We only cosleep in the mornings because dh is a super sound and flailing sleeper. We also cosleep as needed like on vacation. I highly recommend talking to your pediatrician and also steph's suggestions
  5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I co slept with ODS till he was about 2 1/2 (tight living arrangements), I did have a problem getting him to sleep when he started sleeping by himself, but he'd always stay asleep. Have you put gates at the top of the stairs to stop him going down? He's probably still adjusting, give it time.

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We are still co-sleeping with our 3 year old. Sortof. He sleeps on a mattress on the floor. it works best for us because he sleeps. If we put him in his own room (tried for 3 months) he was up all the time and crying.

If you Ds is not use to it, try a sleeping bag on the floor and a baby gate around steps.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  7. yeah, well, ya know
    yeah, well, ya know
    He is two...three in November

Quote Originally Posted by Lizim1981 View Post
    She's a fuckstick.