Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding and introducing a bottle

1. HM Docs Lady

Breastfeeding and introducing a bottle

Advertisements
    I am breastfeeding and plan to for a long time yet. My daughter is just 2 months old. However Papa is coming home soon and I want him to be able to feed her too - hence the need to introduce a bottle. I have been pumping and freezing for the whole time so I have quite a supply ready.

I have tried a couple of times to give her a bottle, but she just fusses and gets frustrated. SO I stop and give her my breast. I have been trying the medela infant nipples. Should I try another nipple style? When is the best time to try her again?

Any tips for getting her to take a bottle so Papa can help out?
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I'm not a parent or anyjting but at my work one time we had to do that. They brought in there baby, and the baby had never had a bottle before! I was still breast milk but it was in a bottle. We just had to put it in her little mouth and we moved the nipple around on her gums... and kept doing that. She started to suck and go the idea. she wasn't ahppy with it at first though!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    playtex nurser system works like a charm!!!!!! for pumping, storing, and feeding. it really is the best product out there for switching between breast and bottle becuause it was made to help promote breast feeding, and the nipples are extreamy close to real nipples.
  4. Senior Member
    It maybe not the bottle but getting it from you. That baby knows that you are the source and why drink it from a bottle when you can get it from the tab? Are you able to have someone else try to feed her? You may have to til daddy comes home and let him try.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I would let your baby get the first bottle from dad. Also I love the Breastflow bottle system! DD has had no problems switching back and forth
  6. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    the breast flow and the new adirdi bottles I like best but DD up until lately has never really taken a bottle well at all.
  7. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    the adiri http://www.adiri.com/products_html/natural_nurser.asp and breast flow are the best in my opinion but DD has never really wanted to even take bottles until recently and shes over a year now.
  8. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

The best time to try her with the bottle is first thing in the morning, she is her hungriest then and is more likely to take anything, you could try her with different nipples. I used Playtex (the dropin bottles) with DH and he took them really well.

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    I would let your baby get the first bottle from dad. Also I love the Breastflow bottle system! DD has had no problems switching back and forth
    DD used breastflow bottles and they were AWESOME. No confusion, went straight to them. She got one bottle a day (from Dad) using these. No trouble at all. All other styles she refused. We stuck with these even after she had to go 100% formula (health reasons) and I LOVE them.
  10. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    Breast flow bottles and getting it from someone other than yourself will help you out immensely.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast