Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

Banned

What do you think?

Advertisements
  2. Senior Member
    As for the car method..............that carseat should not be moving that much. I breastfed Trent in the car and I just took my seatbelt off and hung over him. *nice, huh?*

For the nursing at the park...............Lame.
    Banned
    Someone posted a comment on the car one that I thought summed it up....

You're in YOUR car....how private can you get?
  4. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    What on earth - nursing while in the carseat.
    That ridiculous and completely unsafe and irresponsible!
    Always pull off the road to nurse! It's not that big of a deal! Geesh!!
    Pull off - park and hold the baby for pete's sake.

LOL - of course my volumn control doesn't work on this computer so I couldn't actually listen to it. I'm hoping she was doing this in *park* LOL
    But, even then - I always just rolled a blanket into the window and had complete privacy. If you can shawl your baby at a park you can use it in a car.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have nursed my youngest while sitting in the back seat and leaning over him. It was a lap belt so I was buckled. Now I am going to go watch the videos.

"breastfeed appropriately" yeah ok this just sets NIP back a few decades. Except in the 30's & 40's women just opened their shirts and fed the baby I have seen some GREAT depression area NIP photos.Iti s only because women were pushed towards formula in the 50's & 60's that breast feeding became taboo. In fact in the 30's & 40's it was the low income classes breast feeding only the wealthy could even afford formula. NOW it is the exact opposite most women that breast feed are in the middle and above income classes and the low income classes find it to be disgusting. (on average certainly not all)

I have no clue why you would need to be "discreet" while in your car for one. As for the first video it works real good with a DOLL now try it with a real baby say about 4, 5, or 6 months old.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    As for the car method..............that carseat should not be moving that much. I breastfed Trent in the car and I just took my seatbelt off and hung over him. *nice, huh?*

For the nursing at the park...............Lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    I have nursed my youngest while sitting in the back seat and leaning over him. It was a lap belt so I was buckled. Now I am going to go watch the videos.

"breastfeed appropriately" yeah ok this just sets NIP back a few decades. Except in the 30's & 40's women just opened their shirts and fed the baby I have seen some GREAT depression area NIP photos.Iti s only because women were pushed towards formula in the 50's & 60's that breast feeding became taboo. In fact in the 30's & 40's it was the low income classes breast feeding only the wealthy could even afford formula. NOW it is the exact opposite most women that breast feed are in the middle and above income classes and the low income classes find it to be disgusting. (on average certainly not all)

I have no clue why you would need to be "discreet" while in your car for one. As for the first video it works real good with a DOLL now try it with a real baby say about 4, 5, or 6 months old.
    I agree with both of those. The car seat was not properly installed and it seems to be VERY important to her to cover up. While I understand that not everyone is comfortable NIP without cover, it really isn't nor should it be a neccesity to cover up.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
    Banned
    I haven't breastfed (no babies to breastfeed) but from what I understand the two shirts method keeps A LOT covered yes?
    Banned
    BTW, Jamie, I found these when I went and looked at the commercial you posted.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    A lot of people use the two shirt method. I prefer a nursing tank and pull up the top shirt that way I don't stretch out my shirt and my midriff is covered as well. That wasn't my point it was her use of the phrase how to breastfeed appropriately and her other versions of covering don't really work well with non-dolls for most babies. When Jacob was a month old sure I could pull my top shirt over him all he cared about was looking at me when they get older that isn't always the case not to mention they don't fit as easily LOL.

I have no doubt you found it via my link it has breast feeding as one of its tag's meaning it groups all things with that tag in one big group. You search dolphin breast feeding in you tube and you will get all kinds of breast feeding videos along with the dolphins breast feeding.

BTW that pun (GREAT depression photos) was not intended.
  10. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    I have nursed like that in the car....minus the cover.....but I just leaned up over the baby.
    It was too hard to pull over driving on the LA freeway in a not safe area.
    The whole covering up with a blanket is just hard cause she always tries to pull it off and that to me causes the scene.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast