Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cloth Diapering Mama's

1. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Question Cloth Diapering Mama's

Advertisements
    I really want to cloth diaper. After all of the bad rashes due to skin allergies and the kids being allergic to stuff in the diapers I want to do it.. but Tony really doesn't want to, he wants to use the organic disposables. The Organic disposables arent bad, I'm using them for Wyatt, but I thought cloth diapering would be even better. Have any of you had this kind of debate with your spouse? Could ya'll give me some good points to bring up to help me sway him a little?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i convinced dh when i said we'd save money (you save as little or as much as you want based on the kind you buy, one size vs. sized, etc). i convinced him essentially by saying they were as easy as disposables (i.e. bumgenius that fit from 8-35 lbs, velcro tabs, etc)

www.diaperpin.com has lots of info
  3. Senior Member
    Saves money, no chemicals in them, better for the environment, and they are cute!
  4. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

I tried the money arguement... he told me that having to deal with cleaning them wasn't worth it The organic diapers have no chemicals and are biodegradable... and cute isn't a good one for him ... Keep em coming
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Do y'all pay for utilities? Since we don't the money aspect of doing a couple extra loads of wash isn't a big deal for us.

Diaperpin has a whole bunch of good "arguments" for cloth diapering.
  6. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    Do y'all pay for utilities? Since we don't the money aspect of doing a couple extra loads of wash isn't a big deal for us.

Diaperpin has a whole bunch of good "arguments" for cloth diapering.
    Nope we don't pay for them right now since we're in housing. It's nice blasting my AC with no worries

I'll have to keep working on Tony
  7. Senior Member
    Sarah - what organic disposables do you use? Or anyone, what brands/names of organic disposables are out there? TIA
  8. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherA. View Post
    Sarah - what organic disposables do you use? Or anyone, what brands/names of organic disposables are out there? TIA
    I shouldn't have said organic, they arent actually organic.

Seventh Generation. http://www.seventhgeneration.com/Diapers You can read about them there
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Maybe you could buy a couple test diapers. Try them out and hopefully your husband will see just how easy they are. It took my husband a while to come around, but when you have two in diapers it saves a lot of money and he liked that. Plus the cloth diapers are so much cuter.

I'm a personal fan of pocket diapers. They are super easy and they take less time to dry in the dryer. Plus you can add more stuffers at night.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I thought of another good point, based on my experience. I swear the cloth diapers made potty training so much easier. Ryan potty trained a few months after we started the cloth diapers. I honestly thought he was going to be wear diapers until he was four. Dylan potty trained at 28 months. I thought that was pretty good. Both of them were fully potty trained, no diapers at all, within a week.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast