Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Moved from above: Too attached

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Moved from above: Too attached

Advertisements
    Ok so I have been home with my daughter since she was born. I went back to work when she was about 6 months old, but it was only seasonal work and I was home again soon, not really enough to time for her to really cut the cord so to speak. she has always been (I feel ) too attached to me, I can't take out the garbage or go to the ladies room with out her, and God forbid I leave her with a sitter! She is 2 now, and I really need to break her of this, I can't afford to send her to full time day care, but is there anything you can suggest to help me get the monkey off my back? And since we've moved she is 10x worse!! I nkow I created the monster by being at home with her but seriously I can't take much more of this.
  2. Senior Member
    Maybe check out some Mothers Morning Out programs. A lot of daycares have them, where you can sign up to bring your child a couple of mornings a week. That might be a good way to get her used to being without you and get some socialization with other kids. Plus it is usually considerably less than regular daycare rates.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    oh good idea! I'll have to check around. even if I just come hoe and do laundry it'd be worth it.
  4. Senior Member

i'd do a mother's day out too. have more little kids her age over at your house or take her out of the house more often. sometimes, whenever my son was going through seperation anxiety before, i would leave the room but peek around the door and say, "mommy's still here!" or, "hi keahi!" so he knew i was there but i was getting farther and farther away. if he starts crying in the other room, i yell from wherever else in the house that i am, "mommy's still here...i'm ____________". just a thought.