Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Cloth Diapering ???

1. Senior Member

Cloth Diapering ???

Advertisements
    I hadn't originally planned on cloth diapering because it seems like such a hassle. So, DH and I decided to buy diapers each time we went grocery shopping so we'd have a stock pile. However, I was FLOORED at the price of diapers! They're way too expensive.

So, we're considering using cloth. So, I have a few questions about it:

1. I'm kind of shaky due to my meds and I'm afraid to use pins, which brands are velcro and do they work as well? (No metal snaps, DH and I are both allergic, so our child might be too).

2. Can you wash them in your washer?

3. Do you have any tips or suggestions?

4. If I do decide to use cloth, what should I make sure is on my registry?

Thank you so much!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You can use prefolds like you planned you don't need pins anymore they sell this little doohickey called a snappi. I HATE pins they are sharp and all it took was my stabbing my finger one time to know why I love my snappis so.

My favorite all in one velcro diaper is a honeyboy, they also make different brands that snap as well. Check out some of the older CDing threads in this section and feel free to ask me anything if I don't know the answer I will google it.

Yes you can wash them in your washer and dry them in your dryer just do not use fabric softener or dryer sheets.

I have tons of tips and suggestions ask away

Some CD sites sell gift certificates but most people may not know WHAT to get you so I think registering for them can be tricky
  3. Senior Member
    I'm so overwhelmed at all the information. I need a CD consultant or something lol.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Yes, there are a lot of different brands out there!

I would look into Very Baby, they are good velcro diapers. I use mostly snaps though, so I can't help beyond Very Baby.

Definitely get some prefolds though - they come in handy on wash days and I always stuck one under Simon when I was changing him as a newborn. He always seemed to start pooping again as soon as I started changing him, so this way it was just a simple toss in the pail versus cleaning up the changing table.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Whoops, double post.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    oh, btw, all my snaps are plastic
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    There are some pretty neat SAHMs on Ebay who make them with velcro. They work great and have cute designs.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
  9. Senior Member
    Thanks for your help. I'm so excited! My husband is laughing at me because I can't stop talking about diapers.
  10. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I have never seen any metal snaps on a cloth diaper. I use a snappi and you use it instead of pins. I love it! they are really cheap. I would try diaperswappers.com they have a ton of used stuff for sale. that way you can try a little of everything and figure out what you like once you know sell what you don't and buy more of what you do. I had my DD in prefolds at first GMD http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/diapers.htm is probably the best known brand I just got some chinese prefolds and 2 terrycloth ones and I am in love with them both but I have to say not as happy about the terry cloth because I have to pin and can't snappi

here is a site for how to fold prefolds you will have to find the one that you like and it may change as the baby gets older http://www.diaperpages.com/pf_folds.php