Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: breastfeeding moms i need your help

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

breastfeeding moms i need your help

Advertisements
    Okay so I got home today and fed dd. I noticed while I was feeding her a hard spot on my breast, fairly large but it did go down as I was feeding her. I was quite full on the breast since she hadn't eaten from that side in awhile (I alternate every feed). Anyway it isn't really tender to the touch unless I massage it hard to get the milk flowing. Also I have no temperature or anything like that and no other signs of mastitis except I am tired. Should I see the doctor or juts nurse her more frequently on that side?
  2. Darushka
    It's probably just a clogged duct. If you're not in pain, I wouldn't worry about it.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Just nurse her more on that side until it goes down. I have had that happen many times when I missed a feeding or two.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Keep it warm.. Put a hot cloth on it .... you might have to pump out some milk to clear it a bit....
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    thanks i sat and pumped for about 20 minutes and got hardly anything out. should i try pumping some more on that side just let the pump run?
  6. X
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    Just nurse her more on that side until it goes down. I have had that happen many times when I missed a feeding or two.
  7. Senior Member
    yep, what they said, plugged duct.
    Nurse on that breast more (but dont forget the other one, or you'll end up with the same problem there too!) and try putting a warm wet cloth or massaging. It will come out on it's own though. and i would stay away from underwires until it clears itself up. good luck!
    "R is one of the most menacing of sounds, that's why it's called muRdeR and not muckduck"
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I would nurse her more on that side, maybe try alternating halfway through each feeding for a few days? A hot washcloth helps, too.

9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    thanks so much. i am going to up the warm showers and use a warm damp rag too
  10. Senior Member
    I've never had a baby/breastfeed but I, ironically enough, had a clogged duct once (don't ask me how that happened because I have no clue). It started off as just a sore hard spot and then it got really painful and even discolored my skin. It got so bad I couldn't wear a bra. I can't remember for the life of me what the doc had me do to make it go away, so I have no real advice. Hot water or hot compresses helped mine feel better. I hope it goes away before it gets worse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast