Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: teething = weaning :(

  1. Account Closed
    Sophie♥Hatter's Avatar
    Sophie♥Hatter is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    25,685
    #1

    teething = weaning :(

    Advertisements
    Jacob is teething this weekend ALL FOUR eye teeth at the same time. He was a wreck this afternoon just a wreck. Poor little guy he can't use a sippy cup or a straw it hurts him so bad. He also can't nurse he has tried too and as soon as he latches he starts crying. He fell to sleep tonight using my breast as a pillow. I feel awful for him and didn't want to wean him this way. (its been over 24 hours now since he last was able to nurse)

    He just keeps drooling all over the place and he doesn't like the drool said 'ucky and keeps wiping it away. He has also had a fever that started yesterday afternoon, just mild not a high one. All the drool he is swallowing is giving him loose poops too. He keeps putting his fingers in his mouth and just sobbing. He went from zero eye teeth to over two days having four of them. I also think he is working on his two year molars.
  2. Proud Seabee wife!
    A_BU'swife's Avatar
    A_BU'swife is offline
    Proud Seabee wife!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,575
    #2
    Wow Annabelle is teething up a storm too getting her molars and a couple others... and actually shes the opposite nursing more than ever right now. Are you sure thats all it is? Are you sure he doesn't have strep throat or anything else. Poor kid. And poor mom.
  3. Account Closed
    Sophie♥Hatter's Avatar
    Sophie♥Hatter is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    25,685
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by aelsass View Post
    Wow Annabelle is teething up a storm too getting her molars and a couple others... and actually shes the opposite nursing more than ever right now. Are you sure thats all it is? Are you sure he doesn't have strep throat or anything else. Poor kid. And poor mom.
    No it is his teeth he had no eye teeth now he is getting all four in. If he still has a fever tomorrow I will call the clinic because that is day three of a fever with no other symptoms. It hurts to latch down because of where his teeth are coming in at. He can drink water from a regular cup no problem. It is sippy cups, straw cups, and nursing that hurts him. It also hurts him to bite down on hard foods.


    According to Dr. Sears everything he is experiencing is normal.
    FOUR TEETHING SYMPTOMS THAT ARE HARMLESS

    There are several symptoms most babies exhibit during teething. DON'T WORRY. These are only temporary.

    * Drool rash – your baby may get a red, raised rash on the face, lips, chin, neck, and chest. Gently wash with warm water and pat dry. A lanolin ointment is a good treatment.
    * Diarrhea – this is generally mild and does not require any special treatment.
    * Cough – the abundance of saliva often drips down baby's throat and can cause coughing or gagging.
    * Fever– baby may experience low-grade fevers less than 101. If your baby has a fever higher than this, click on fever for more info.
  4. Senior Member
    cceribit's Avatar
    cceribit is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,537
    #4
    My ten month old is cutting her bicuspids and her molars... she was drooling a ton. I gave her a cold wash cloth I wet down and threw in the freezer for a bit to chew on and she used it to sop up all her drool. It did wonders for her.
    *** Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes. ***
    *** Women's Rule of Thumb: If it has tires or testicles, you're going to have trouble with it! ***
    *** My husband bought me a mood ring the other day. When I'm in a good mood
    it turns green. When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a red mark on his forehead. ***


    Never go to bed mad, stay up and fight it out.
    ---------------------------------------------
    A half truth is still a whole lie.
  5. Senior Member
    harrisonsdream's Avatar
    harrisonsdream is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    52,155
    Blog Entries
    1
    #5
    aww poor guy
  6. Proud Seabee wife!
    A_BU'swife's Avatar
    A_BU'swife is offline
    Proud Seabee wife!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,575
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    No it is his teeth he had no eye teeth now he is getting all four in. If he still has a fever tomorrow I will call the clinic because that is day three of a fever with no other symptoms. It hurts to latch down because of where his teeth are coming in at. He can drink water from a regular cup no problem. It is sippy cups, straw cups, and nursing that hurts him. It also hurts him to bite down on hard foods.


    According to Dr. Sears everything he is experiencing is normal.
    Aww poor kid though. How old is he? Annabelle is 16 months and I actually looked in her mouth today and noticed blood around the molar cutting in....poor girl. I give her the homeopathic gel and also teething tablets and they don't seem to help. Seriously all that is helping is her nursing I think its more of a comfort though.
  7. Account Closed
    Sophie♥Hatter's Avatar
    Sophie♥Hatter is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    25,685
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by cceribit View Post
    My ten month old is cutting her bicuspids and her molars... she was drooling a ton. I gave her a cold wash cloth I wet down and threw in the freezer for a bit to chew on and she used it to sop up all her drool. It did wonders for her.
    He is sleeping now, I tried that and a Popsicle no interest. He will be ok I am hoping that since all four have broken through the gum now that tomorrow he will be feeling better. I have already canceled our gymboree class for tomorrow morning and am going to call the occupational therapist and set up a new day for her to meet Jacob as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by aelsass View Post
    Aww poor kid though. How old is he? Annabelle is 16 months and I actually looked in her mouth today and noticed blood around the molar cutting in....poor girl. I give her the homeopathic gel and also teething tablets and they don't seem to help. Seriously all that is helping is her nursing I think its more of a comfort though.
    He will be two at the end of May. We have been doing Motrin for the fever and hylands teething tablets for the teething. Nothing much is helping just trying to keep him calm when he gets over whelmed.
  8. X
    Steph*'s Avatar
    Steph* is offline
    X
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    X
    Posts
    13,129
    #8
    Poor little guy

    ... & poor mama!
  9. casper77
    Guest
    casper77's Avatar
    Guest
    #9
    Hope he feels better soon....Sorry sounds like you will be pretty busy for a while....let me know how he is doing......I love you and miss you very much....
  10. Account Closed
    eelo's Avatar
    eelo is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Va Beach
    Posts
    26,322
    Blog Entries
    1
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    He is sleeping now, I tried that and a Popsicle no interest. He will be ok I am hoping that since all four have broken through the gum now that tomorrow he will be feeling better. I have already canceled our gymboree class for tomorrow morning and am going to call the occupational therapist and set up a new day for her to meet Jacob as well.



    He will be two at the end of May. We have been doing Motrin for the fever and hylands teething tablets for the teething. Nothing much is helping just trying to keep him calm when he gets over whelmed.

    My husband gave my girls popsicles when they were teething. I was against it at first, but the relief they got was enough to convince me we weren't going to Parent Hell for that.

    They're grown up now, and we've added a whole bunch of new reasons we're going to Parent Hell.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •