Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Could something in the water be making him gassy?

1. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries

Could something in the water be making him gassy?

Advertisements
    Hey ladies...

I need some opinions. DS has been really REALLY gassy. It's heartbreaking - happens once or twice a day, he's just clearly in excruciating pain. We ride it out and he usually crashes out after a bout of gas. I've been trying to figure out what could be causing it. Concerned about food allergies, I stopped eating peanuts/pb - and I didn't drink any milk yesterday at all and it didn't have an effect. Come to think of it though I did have cheese

Anyways. Our tapwater out here is awful - but we have a brita filter on the tap, and when we put it through the filter it tastes great. I was just wondering if maybe anyone has heard of there being something in the water that could be affecting the poor little guy.

I'm just not sure how to help I thought about water delivery, but for the amount I'd need I'm looking at $70 a month. That's just a bit steep when it tastes like the brita filter is doing the trick. Any ideas?
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    If you're eating any green veggies (broccoli especially) or onions, those can be HUGE factors for gas. It's sort of like a catch 22 between wanting to eat healthy veggies and foods, but not wanting the baby to be gassy.
  3. Put the alphabet in order...
    Put the alphabet in order...
    Milk proteins will take at least two weeks to get out of your breastmilk. Some gas problems can be caused by too much foremilk. Are you feeling multiple letdowns while breastfeeding? Or do you feel engorged a lot? The way to tell if he's getting too much foremilk is to check his poops. If they are atomic green and watery and there's a lot of them, more than one per hour, it would be a foremilk imbalance. Good luck!
  4. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Thank you both. Brandi I've eaten BOTH broccoli and onions in the last couple days, so they could be a contributing factor. His poops aren't really an issue - they're the standard seedy runny yellow, once or twice a day.

It's just alarming to me, his gas, because I don't remember DD being in so much pain when she was gassy.
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    DS is 18 months and he doesnt have tap water because its so nasty here. I dont even drink it. Hope he feels better soon!
  6. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Thanks.

Yesterday was awesome. He did GREAT, no fussiness at all, all day long. Maybe it was just a growth spurt or incomplete burping on my part.

There's just nothing so sad as a baby in pain, and nothing so grand as a happy baby
    ~Benjamin Franklin~