Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need help! breastfeeding issues

1. well, Mommy of 7 now! ;)
    well, Mommy of 7 now! ;)

Help need help! breastfeeding issues

Advertisements
    out of nowhere my milk production is almost non-existant! I don't know what I happened? Hadley can't nurse so I use a pump and I use the pump every 2-3 hours and I can't get more than about 20 CC TOTAL out of both sides what can I do?

TIA

PS-My diet hasn't changed.. I get plenty of fluids and calories.

Navy Wife and Mom to 7 Lil Monkeys
  2. Member
    I breast fed for 17 months.. heres what i know..
    The only thing that i could think of, is that the baby is eating less, so you milk is starting to get on that pace. When you first start breastfeeding you will have enough to feed like 8 kids i swear! lol .. after a month the milk goes down a little to a steadier rate..

You said that your daughter couldnt nurse, its not my business i guess, but hve you tried putting her on the nipple and then nugding her bottom jaw.. kinda like getting her to lock onto the breast? that what i had to do with my daguhter for a little while until she got used to it.

aare you engorged?
    I had Mastitius really bad with my daughter and was put into the hospital for it. what happened was, i couldnt get any milk at all to come out of my right breast. and i called my OBGYN to see what he thought i went to see them and they said that it was a clogged milk duckt. He said to put a wet wash cloth in the microwave and heart it up until its hot enough for you to have round your breast, it shoudl help loosen up the milk, so to say. if that doesnt work you can try heating pads and hot showers.. anything that you can do to get from being engorged.

more info on mastitis go here: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mastitis/DS00678

I had to go to the hospital bc i have a 105.6 fever and couldnt lift my arms it was really bad. If that is what it is, and you do go to the hospitl and it doesnt relieve after a while you could have to get a niddle stuck in there to un clog it. but everyones different..

When you are pumping, does your milk look pinkish at all? if it does you shoudl call the hospital that you had your daughter at, they will be able to transfer you to a lactation consualtant.

Good luck.. if you need anything just let me know!!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    try oatmeal,the cook and serve oatmeal not instant
    fenugreek
  4. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    Awww Im sorry Sweetie
    I hope you can get some answers soon Hunny
    Oh and the reason that she may not be able to BF her right now is because she was pretty early and in the hospital a bit, but I don't know I may be wrong about that.
  5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *~*Cori*~* View Post
    Awww Im sorry Sweetie
    I hope you can get some answers soon Hunny
    Oh and the reason that she may not be able to BF her right now is because she was pretty early and in the hospital a bit, but I don't know I may be wrong about that.
    Thanks.. im new here so i had no idea!! I hope she gets it fixed soon!! it can be soo painful!!1
  6. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    Quote Originally Posted by 4MyLove View Post
    Thanks.. im new here so i had no idea!! I hope she gets it fixed soon!! it can be soo painful!!1
    Oh your welcome Sweetie!
    I didn't know if she had said anything on the boards about Hadley being so early so I thought that might have something to do with it but Im not sure.
    But, that info really helped me out! Im so freeked to BF!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    It could be blocked milkducts as earlier mentioned. Keep those boobies warm.... .... Stress can also affect milkproduction... I know its hard with all the kids but try to get some time to yourself in a hot bath..
    Take care
  8. on the road again.....
    on the road again.....
    I used Mother's Milk tea. It helped a bit. Good luck!
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/reyn2bee/blinkies/nj_devils.gif[/URL]
  9. well, Mommy of 7 now! ;)
    well, Mommy of 7 now! ;)
    thanks ladies.. I have tried the fenugreek but not the mothers milk tea, I will try that. as for why our Hadley isnt nursing is because of prematurity and her cleft pallet...she uses a bottle with a special nipple. and nope, dont feel engorged at all. its like the milk is just nearly gone??

Navy Wife and Mom to 7 Lil Monkeys
  10. Member
    well it still is possible for your milk to just dry up... it sucks. when my milk did it, it was very painful.. if you need anything else or whatever you can msg me on yahoo
    jones91905@yahoo.com

good luck!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast