Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So this keeps proving it..

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

So this keeps proving it..

Advertisements
    I am TERRIFIED that I am either a.not going to be able to breastfeed or b.I am not going to be able to figure out how to do it. I keep having dreams that I am trying to BF her and I cant do it, there is always something wrong and noone can tell me. I wish I wasnt so scared I dont think I am going to be able to take a class so the hospital LC is about what I am going to get and that scares me so much But I really want to do it so I am determined to try. Sigh I guess this doesnt have any point just me being freaked out about it again.
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    that is just the baby anxiety, take a deep breathe and relax. Maybe call your local WIC office and see if you can talk with a La Leche consultant before hand. The more you keep thinking about it the more dreams like that you will have. stress begets stress.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

aww i'm sure everything will turn out just fine!
  4. Senior Member
    aw! Have you tried doing as much research as you can online? I know kellymom.com has some great info, they even have video's you can watch for proper latch! Good luck mama!
  5. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*

I am the SAME EXACT way it is scary stuff to be unsure of BF
    That is why I chickened out with Jerron 5 years ago
  6. Senior Member
    I admit that I am terrified as well. REALLY really terrified.
  7. Senior Member
    First, don't be scared!!! Plus don't say "I want to breastfeed." say "I WILL breastfeed!"
    It's hard, definetly very very hard. I want to give up sometimes too... but then I think about the benefits of breastmilk for my DD and the close bonding time that no one else but me can share with her.
    I didn't take a class, but I did meet with the hospital LC a few times. She helped me so much... more than a class could have, because it was personal one-on-one time (my DH was there, so two-on-one?) and she watched me to make sure DD was latching on right and about counting dirty diapers (wet and poopy ones) to make sure DD was getting enough milk. Latching correctly is the hardest thing you both have to learn IMHO.
    Stock up on nursing pads and Lansolin cream now because your nipples will definetly be sore!

8. Senior Member
    don't be scared, you will do just fine!!
    Just remember that it can be a bumpy road, but it's SO worth it and once you get the hang of it, it's easy as pie (and convenient to boot!).
    And I agree with pp, dont say you want to breastfeed, say you WILL breastfeed.
    If you see it as the only option, it will be the only option and it will happen.
    Learning to get the proper latch is definitely the most difficult part, but if you can get to a LLL meeting or see an LC at the hospital should you have any issues, they will definitley help you! good luck and keep us posted. IF you ever need an "online consultation" lol feel free to PM me. My son nursed for 14 months and never had a bottle (nope, not one!) or a pacifier so I think I should be able to help you some what and if not, well I can just encourage you, right? lol
    anyway good luck (not that you'll need it!) and remember, it's not the fastlane, it's the scenic route and you can bet it's worth every minute!
    "R is one of the most menacing of sounds, that's why it's called muRdeR and not muckduck"
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    awww I am sure you will be fine!! I have had friends that have had "trouble" because it hurt and have stopped breastfeeding...and when I was talking to my mom she was like "well of course it isn't comfortable but it doesn't mean something is wrong"

So I think if you truly want to do this you will make it work!!! GOOD LUCK!
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks ladies I will try to start saying that I WILL BF And I am sure I will come here for support also
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast